Luis Robert grade 3 strain/torn Hip Flexor, est. out 12-16 weeks

Balta1701

4 minutes ago, ptatc said:

If this is truly accurate where it's a complete tear, it will depend on where it is. If its in the middle of the muscle, that's bad. If it s towards one of the ends its not so much. We'll know more if they report surgery or not. Either way. it's probably closer to the 3-4 month range. 

What about long term issues?

This sucks - Luis - wish you nothing but an awesome recovery.  Need Vaughn and Abreu to really click and club clearly has a move to make in the next month (I don't think they need to panic out of the gate - but they need to find a bat). The good part is - there should be options as we get into June...probably a lot harder to solve in May.  

3 minutes ago, ptatc said:

What is he doing that he continues to have issues?

I'm used to seeing guys with hamstring injuries have setbacks but it's interesting to see your opinion that this is something being done incorrectly.

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

The entire training and medical staff needs to be fired at this point. 

Promotions will be given and TLR given a free pass on this season and given the opportunity if he wants it again next season...😂

• Haha 1

Ugh, in some ways this is worse than Eloy.  At least with Eloy the prognosis is 100% recovery, no issues.  I think the Sox pitching is good enough to still be a threat, but it's gonna be hard baseball to watch.  Jose's gonna run out of pockets for the batting gloves.

Just now, Balta1701 said:

I'm used to seeing guys with hamstring injuries have setbacks but it's interesting to see your opinion that this is something being done incorrectly.

It shouldn't be multiple times. This is the third reported one.

Just now, Timmy U said:

Ugh, in some ways this is worse than Eloy.  At least with Eloy the prognosis is 100% recovery, no issues.  I think the Sox pitching is good enough to still be a threat, but it's gonna be hard baseball to watch.  Jose's gonna run out of pockets for the batting gloves.

It very well could be much worse. Jimenez will be fine once the tendon is re-attached. If this one is in the middle of the muscle, not good.

Just now, ptatc said:

It very well could be much worse. Jimenez will be fine once the tendon is re-attached. If this one is in the middle of the muscle, not good.

How would it impact him?  Seems like it could making twisting your body on a swing harder

Just now, ptatc said:

Oh, my.  That would suck for the Sox and Robert.  He has generational talent.

3 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Promotions will be given and TLR given a free pass on this season and given the opportunity if he wants it again next season...😂

People can joke all they want but no team can expect to come back from arguably 2 of its players missing essentially the whole season.

They need to not rush this, target a fully healthy return next year, assuming the postseason is a consideration in August. Same with Eloy. The next three years is more important to any short term consideration. 

I don’t see a Karma improvement until La Russa is gone.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1

Just now, ptatc said:

People can joke all they want but no team can expect to come back from arguably 2 of its players missing essentially the whole season.

Everyone would be in a world of hurt if they're down to their 3rd, 5th, 6th, and 7th outfielders. 

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

This is the wrong move, go get 'em in 2022. 

They can make a move now. They can go your direction if shit really hits the fan over the next 3 months and they are like 20 games out somehow.

Edited by manbearpuig