Luis Robert grade 3 strain/torn Hip Flexor, est. out 12-16 weeks

Balta1701

1 minute ago, fathom said:

How would it impact him?  Seems like it could making twisting your body on a swing harder

The hip flexors are the muscles that generate the power with running. It could impact any running.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

I think we all agree they’re best doing what they can do preserve his future instead of rushing to get him back this year 

That's probably the best.

2 minutes ago, ptatc said:

People can joke all they want but no team can expect to come back from arguably 2 of its players missing essentially the whole season.

I agree which is no reason why we should be getting super upset about it. The downfall is TLR will get a free pass no matter what now 

Just now, ptatc said:

The hip flexors are the muscles that generate the power with running. It could impact any running.

Sorry for the questions, but you mean he won’t be able to run well at all or just those some speed?

3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

They need to not rush this, target a fully healthy return next year, assuming the postseason is a consideration in August. Same with Eloy. The next three years is more important to any short term consideration. 

I don’t see a Karma improvement until La Russa is gone.

Yes, that's it. TLR caused this.

• Haha 1

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

Did Hahn actually speak with the media?  Or just release a statement? If he spoke to media, did anyone find a link?

He held a conference call from the airport. You can hear a replay of pwhat was aired later this evening for the 5PM hour of Speigel Parkins. Would also check their flagship who may have the full call.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Sorry for the questions, but you mean he won’t be able to run well at all or just those some speed?

No worries. It could very well be both.

• Thanks 1

Sorry to be a pessimistic jerk but this really really bums me out. Robert is an amazing physical specimen and baseball prospect. Wiped out for the season. So much talent. Feels wrong to care about how this impacts the team, but it is devastating to the Sox unless Adam Engel is some sort of phenom in the making. Sad sad day. Bless you and best wishes Luis Robert.

• Like 2

Just now, greg775 said:

Sorry to be a pessimistic jerk but this really really bums me out. Robert is an amazing physical specimen and baseball prospect. Wiped out for the season. So much talent. Feels wrong to care about how this impacts the team, but it is devastating to the Sox unless Adam Engel is some sort of phenom in the making. Sad sad day. Bless you and best wishes Luis Robert.

Worried way more about his long term ability than anything this season.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

I agree which is no reason why we should be getting super upset about it. The downfall is TLR will get a free pass no matter what now 

Unless the team makes it to the post season then he deserves manager of the year.

Just now, fathom said:

Worried way more about his long term ability than anything this season.

I agree. I am thinking this is really really bad concerning his long term ability and availability. It's the saddest news in Chicago sports in a long time.