Luis Robert grade 3 strain/torn Hip Flexor, est. out 12-16 weeks

Balta1701

I'm confused what type of depth people are clamoring for? Do most teams have better OF depth than Robert, Jimenez, Eaton, Vaughn, Engel, Garcia, Hamilton?

Lol. Any team losing their 2 best offensive players would be equally screwed. I get it. We all hate JR, but sometimes you're just unlucky.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ptatc said:

People can joke all they want but no team can expect to come back from arguably 2 of its players missing essentially the whole season.

That just about sums up our 2021 season. And hopes were so high. Damn!

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

And you wonder why most of this board was crying for some depth pieces in the off-season. Nobody could have predicted that Robert and Eloy would be out for extended periods of time, but you need to have depth there just in case. Now we'll probably have to overpay for a replacement. 

Being cheap in the short run ends up hurting in the long run. 

Exactly. We had reason to believe one of those two would get hurt for some time. Injuries happen and sadly our guys are prone to them. I've said it before, that this team needed everything to go right health wise to win it all. It couldn't sustain any type of bad injury luck. 

27 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

The entire training and medical staff needs to be fired at this point. 

I don't believe any of the info on Adam. None. 

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

I can't even convince myself of that.

There's basically no reason for me to watch games or emotionally invest at all. I mean it's one thing to say 2021 is gone. 

It's another to say "oh and BTW we can't guarantee he will be the same even though you waited 4 months for him to return"

So why am I watching then? 

Why did we put up with the rebuild for? 

Where's the payoff? 

What am I supposed looking forward to? 

I can take the loss of the season. I can't take the long term issue.

15 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

This is the wrong move, go get 'em in 2022. 

How can it be the wrong move ? He only said explore. You have to explore. C'mon Jack plenty of time to see if the starting pitchers are as good as they have looked and see if the BP can straighten things out a bit. Even without Eloy and Robert if the exploration gets you a decent CF type who can field and hit and bats LH with power, we have our RF for next year and better depth or even if we get a guy like Tapia who can run and hit Madrigalish with more power , the Sox have a lineup that could be very speedy and hit for a high average which would bode well for when Eloy does return to provide more power. I would imagine talks regarding Tapia and Hilliard with Colorado are forthcoming.

If Cleveland can hold it together with their pitching and crap lineup the Sox can hold it together with better pieces in their lineup and with pitching. The AL is horse manure at the moment.

I don't even know why I like sports. It's so god damn frustrating being a sports fan. A decade of being a literal dumpster team; finally someone comes in and does a real rebuild! 4-5 years of rebuilding leads to.. COVID-19 and INJURY-20. Thanks!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

He's much more Mike Cameron than Griffey Jr. Tbh, if this injury and his physique don't make you question some things, you're in denial. 

what are you talking about lol?  Are you trying to sell us that having muscle and being in shape is bad for you?

1 minute ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Vaughn should be starting in LF every day now. Leury and Hamilton are your CF combo until Engel is back. Gonzalez should not be playing more than once a week.

Nope. According to TLR, can't let your bench get rusty. Sigh.

1 minute ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Vaughn should be starting in LF every day now. Leury and Hamilton are your CF combo until Engel is back. Gonzalez should not be playing more than once a week.

Problem is Eaton looks like Barbaro in RF after he broke his leg

• Haha 1

Just now, EloyJenkins said:

Season is over. there is no way to sugar coat this. 2/3 of your outfield and the true potential stars may both have their careers compromised as well. Lovely start to this contention window. FML. 

I dont think jimenez career is threatened by injury - Roberts maybe... but even that is specultion.

1 minute ago, harkness99 said:

what are you talking about lol?  Are you trying to sell us that having muscle and being in shape is bad for you?

I'm trying to tell you that carrying that much lean mass at his age and having this type of injury is very unnatural. 

2 minutes ago, TitoMB345 said:

I don't even know why I like sports. It's so god damn frustrating being a sports fan. A decade of being a literal dumpster team; finally someone comes in and does a real rebuild! 4-5 years of rebuilding leads to.. COVID-19 and INJURY-20. Thanks!

• Like 1

I dont think jimenez career is threatened by injury - Roberts maybe... but even that is specultion.

I didn't say threatened...I said compromised...and I absolutely think that for Robert. Eloy's issue is more being a knucklehead again. 

37 minutes ago, ptatc said:

If this is truly accurate where it's a complete tear, it will depend on where it is. If its in the middle of the muscle, that's bad. If it s towards one of the ends its not so much. We'll know more if they report surgery or not. Either way. it's probably closer to the 3-4 month range. 

What would his treatment (surgery vs. rest) indicate in terms of the type of injury? If no surgery, it means the tear is in the middle of the muscle? And that would be worse.

I don't think either career will be threatened. Robert is still young and has a world class team watching him. 

I'll say this, career ending or hampering injuries just aren't all that common with modern medicine and rehab. I would be shocked if he doesn't come back 100% and good to go; as long as they allow him to fully heal and rehab properly. Not a doctor, but just my take after seeing most doom and gloom turn into much less career-impacting than it may have been 20 years ago.

• Love 1