Luis Robert grade 3 strain/torn Hip Flexor, est. out 12-16 weeks

Balta1701

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

If Hahn doesn't make a trade fans will be jumping ship by the thousands. 

Amazing that I'm usually pretty pessimistic but after seeing these guys pitch, and knowing that the offense had some wiggle room being near the top already, this isn't that doom and gloom for me. I still feel good about this team.

• Haha 1

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Amazing that I'm usually pretty pessimistic but after seeing these guys pitch, and knowing that the offense had some wiggle room being near the top already, this isn't that doom and gloom for me. I still feel good about this team.

But remember the offense was inflated by Yermin and Eaton getting off to hot unexpected starts. We may lose a good bit of that production from them plus Robert who was one of the few hitting well right now. Our offense is still capable but we don't have much more time to waste. TLR has to come with the big boy lineups and the vets need to hit. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Moncada said:

I found the cliff.  The line starts behind me 

tenor.gif

Sorry but he looks like he will make it to the other side. Sox fan luck, we jump off cliff and have air current carry us to other side safely for more pain. 

1 minute ago, SonofaRoache said:

Hahn said expectations haven't changed for the season. 

This sounds more like he is setting up to blame TLR (which is fine) than expressing a realistic and honest viewpoint as to how the FO sees the team. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

But remember the offense was inflated by Yermin and Eaton getting off to hot unexpected starts.

Aside from the high amount of rbi, I’d say this has been the typical level of production from Eaton

4 minutes ago, Vulture said:

There must be something wrong with the way players are conditioning. It’s crazy a guy with Robert’s physical abilities can suffer an injury like this from simply running.

I always thought it was concerning Anderson pulled a hamstring literally ten minutes after stretching

1 minute ago, SoCalChiSox said:

This sounds more like he is setting up to blame TLR (which is fine) than expressing a realistic and honest viewpoint as to how the FO sees the team. 

Have to give Hahn some credit. He has to say this for ticket sales, and to not insinuate panic or desperation with trade talks.

Setting up blame on TLR is irrelevant. Rick has no say over Tony, not sure if he can even request he do something has any management authority.

They could go 60-102, and Tony stays unless he wants to leave, or is asked by Jerry, which I don’t ever see happening as it would create “another regret”  which “must be rectified”.

1 hour ago, ptatc said:

The problem is you don't see injuries like this. I've never seen one in over 30 years. He will come back but I would bet my house it's 100%. The odds are he will but it's not a slam dunk.

Is it possible that this injury is telling us something else - the same reason Bonds tore apart his arm in 1999? 

Does anyone have any potential more positive possibilities?

Is there a chance they are being ultra conservative and see a better prognosis after some time or with a second opinion?

Is it possible he could recover better and quicker than they are expecting?

Is it possible this will not affect him long term whatsoever? 

• Like 1

Len Kasper may be rethinking his career move to the South side about now.

LaRussa is another one that came here for the shot at the WS.

KC has to be pumped and the Indians have to be feeling like they can win the division. Bieber and Plesac are genuine top of rotation starters and their bullpen has been lights out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Sambuca said:

Does anyone have any potential more positive possibilities?

Is there a chance they are being ultra conservative and see a better prognosis after some time or with a second opinion?

Is it possible he could recover better and quicker than they are expecting?

Is it possible this will not affect him long term whatsoever? 

I don't think this will affect him long term. But he will not be coming back early for sure. It is a real injury and he won't be back until September. 

1 hour ago, ptatc said:

The problem is you don't see injuries like this. I've never seen one in over 30 years. He will come back but I would bet my house it's 100%. The odds are he will but it's not a slam dunk.

Did you mean to say you wouldn't bet your house he will return at 100%?  Just to clarify, are you saying you would bet he will return without losing much physical ability or are you saying it's likely he will return but with a significant loss of physical ability?