Luis Robert grade 3 strain/torn Hip Flexor, est. out 12-16 weeks

Balta1701

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I'm trying to understand your point of view. It's ok to laugh at someone and give them a laugh emoji if you think they deserve it. However you also think you can defend someone who you think got a laugh emoji unnecessarily. But the person who got the laugh emoji can't defend himself because it's annoying ? Very strange indeed.

You’re taking this all way too seriously.  I made a quick off-the -cuff joke that anyone laughing at a post saying  “I’m sad that Luis Robert is seriously injured” is a sociopath.  I’m really not interested in getting into an extended dialogue about the laugh emoji as a general matter, or feeding anyone’s agenda about their posts getting laughed at too much. Moving on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ron883 said:

It's just an extremely easy way to troll. You click one button, and some people get upset by it. Posting about it will just make them do it more. Better off just ignoring it. 

Oh I understand all that Ron but trolling used to be highly discouraged here now its running rampant. I make plenty of joking posts and get my fair share of laughs on them but getting laughed AT just is very mean spirited. I don't like mean people. I feel bad for guys like Greg or Caulfield for the abuse they some times take but to their credit they hang in there. Thank you for your sincere response !

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, manbearpuig said:

I JUST noticed the banner. Well done whoever did that 😂

Edit: anyway we can make them Star Wars force ghosts?

The Soxtalk banner curse is a real thing.. and has been for years. I've cringed every time our better players are up there (cept that one season where I think it was @Kalapse who put our worst players up there :lol: )

2 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

The Soxtalk banner curse is a real thing.. and has been for years. I've cringed every time our better players are up there (cept that one season where I think it was @Kalapse who put our worst players up there :lol: )

My laziness is the only reason we don't have a Leury Garcia banner right now, I've come close to making it a few times.

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, Kalapse said:

My laziness is the only reason we don't have a Leury Garcia banner right now, I've come close to making it a few times.

Can we get a Tony La Russa banner?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Fire 1

24 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Oh I understand all that Ron but trolling used to be highly discouraged here now its running rampant. I make plenty of joking posts and get my fair share of laughs on them but getting laughed AT just is very mean spirited. I don't like mean people. I feel bad for guys like Greg or Caulfield for the abuse they some times take but to their credit they hang in there. Thank you for your sincere response !

I bring 50% of it on myself...that said, I really wonder about those guys who just can’t resist the urge to pile on, it’s like middle school bullying.  Just makes me laugh.  And it brings out a nastier side of people with many constantly trying to crack cheap jokes...almost like SoxTalk versions of Jason Benetti.  Like in the minor league thread today...if I had a million dollars for every poster who fell in love with an Aaron Miles or CJ Rutherford or Chris Getz and were convinced XYZ player would make some significant impact at the big league level, I would have a a couple of billion dollars by now. Yermin actually is one of the first in ages to surprise a lot of people on the upside.

And the fact that I do “get” 90-95% of what Benetti somehow thinks is funny (at my relatively advanced age of 51) means that 75-80% of our younger fanbase will not.  But maybe they love that Nationwide duet nonsense, who knows.

Edited by caulfield12

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

I bring 50% of it on myself...that said, I really wonder about those guys who just can’t resist the urge to pile on, it’s like middle school bullying.  Just makes me laugh.  And it brings out a nastier side of people with many constantly trying to crack cheap jokes...almost like SoxTalk versions of Jason Benetti.  Like in the minor league thread today...if I had a million dollars for every poster who fell in love with an Aaron Miles or CJ Rutherford or Chris Getz and were convinced XYZ player would make some significant impact at the big league level, I would have a a couple of billion dollars by now. Yermin actually is one of the first in ages to surprise a lot of people on the upside.

And the fact that I do “get” 90-95% of what Benetti somehow thinks is funny (at my relatively advanced age of 51) means that 75-80% of our younger fanbase will not.  But maybe they love that Nationwide duet nonsense, who knows.

DUDE

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

While silly since they are required to do the ad, they may as well have fun with it.

2 minutes ago, ptatc said:

While silly since they are required to do the ad, they may as well have fun with it.

I just prefer the Scully, Harwell, Buck voices from the past who were all about describing the game/action taking place in front of them...setting the scene and capturing the atmosphere, so to speak.  No added frills.

Edited by caulfield12

11 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

I just prefer the Scully, Harwell, Buck voices from the past who were all about describing the game/action taking place in front of them...setting the scene and capturing the atmosphere, so to speak.  No added frills.

Did you ever actually listen to Scully? He was always going off on irrelevant meandering tangents

20 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

They didn't have to do the ads like these guys do.

I like guys like Uecker who can have fun with it.

Edited by ptatc

15 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Yet no injury here, apparently...the weird thing about awkward, non contact injuries.  Oblique, another.

People who play these types of sports are a different type of person anyway. I worked the national championship one year. My job was basically to guard the keg and tape them back together.

5 minutes ago, Vulture said:

Did you ever actually listen to Scully? He was always going off on irrelevant meandering tangents

Agreed, though the difference being Scully's stories having something to do with a player in the game or baseball itself , not some navel gazing yuk yuks while ignoring the game. 

Been grateful for Len and DJ on the radio, Connor McKnight has been good as well filling in, which he will be this week with Stone off and Len shifting to TV.

2 hours ago, ptatc said:

They didn't have to do the ads like these guys do.

I like guys like Uecker who can have fun with it.

Yes, he’s great too, especially as over the top Harry Doyle, haha.  Or doing the straight man thing, too.

Edited by caulfield12

4 hours ago, ptatc said:

I admit, it bothers me Stone joins in on this happily all the time but never joined in with Hawk on the HR calls.

On 5/3/2021 at 8:11 PM, joesaiditstrue said:

0RUkY8z.jpg

That’s pretty good.  I was just telling a friend today that I was at acceptance before I even saw your reply.  I’m actually proud of how quickly I made it through that.

On 5/4/2021 at 2:02 PM, caulfield12 said:

Yet no injury here, apparently...the weird thing about awkward, non contact injuries.  Oblique, another.

When you're as big as Robert, every hard step you take is high impact. Just because it wasn't a collision doesn't mean it's not putting excessive force on his body.