Luis Robert grade 3 strain/torn Hip Flexor, est. out 12-16 weeks

Balta1701

8 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Wasn't one of ptatc's notes that a tear that is in the middle of the muscle might be the worst for long-term issues?

Recover time for minor tears to hip flexors takes around two or three weeks. More significant tears can take up to six weeks, and severe tears can take closer to eight weeks to heal.

It’s strange his timeline seems much longer, almost double...especially for such a well-conditioned young athlete.

Or maybe they prefer to surprise with his returning earlier than predicted?

25 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I need to reread ptatc's posts but I'm not sure if him not getting surgery is good or bad

It's very good. There must not be as many fibers torn for a bad grade 3. All is looking up.

• Thanks 5

11 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Wasn't one of ptatc's notes that a tear that is in the middle of the muscle might be the worst for long-term issues?

Correct.  But if they aren't even considering surgery than it isn't a bad grade 3 tear. So the likelihood of long term issues is greatly diminished.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 8
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I believe he did, but do we really know where the tear is exactly?

It sound like from Hahns comments that it is in the middle muscle fiver portion of the muscle but no where near as bad as it could have been. Grade 3 tears can range from 75%-100% of the fibers torn. This is obviously towards the lower end by the way they are treating it.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Recover time for minor tears to hip flexors takes around two or three weeks. More significant tears can take up to six weeks, and severe tears can take closer to eight weeks to heal.

It’s strange his timeline seems much longer, almost double...especially for such a well-conditioned young athlete.

Or maybe they prefer to surprise with his returning earlier than predicted?

Remember that 2 months to heal. He will need to do rehab then progress to baseball after that. So the time frame fits.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Not related to Robert but it looks like Buxton will be on the shelf for awhile too.

Yeah these injuries for speed guys need to be treated very conservatively.

1 minute ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Not related to Robert but it looks like Buxton will be on the shelf for awhile too.

Uh oh, another teammate of Madrigal’s...pretty sure Fathom was once a big fan.  Kiriloff and Larnach together will at least be interesting. 

17 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

So are the Sox going to beat the Sox to the punch on acquiring any CF ? Let's DFA Hamilton, bring up Goodwin and let the Twins take Hamilton.

43 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

He went from day to day to weeks. This will probably be a two month situation. No way they can rush him back sooner than that. Sucks for him as he was playing outstanding again.

51 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Uh oh, another teammate of Madrigal’s...pretty sure Fathom was once a big fan.  Kiriloff and Larnach together will at least be interesting. 

Kirilloff is hurt too. Bad wrist. 

10 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

They are gonna play Larnach in CF. 

Really? I would imagine Cave would play CF and Larnach LF. I think they’d also play Kepler there before Larnach. 

Thank god it won't require surgery.  Surgery in the hip introduces all sorts of complexities that we don't want, Robert doesn't want.  Sounds more like a grade 2 where there is enough connection for the body, with proper rehab, to heal it naturally.  Best news I've had all week, clearly, as it's my first post.  GO SOX.

• Like 2

Ptatc or others - Have you heard any news about Eloy since his operation?  How long would the recovery time be before he can start rehabbing?

I am a big Eloy fan and would love to see him out there this year, assuming he is ready.

22 hours ago, SonofaRoache said:

He went from day to day to weeks. This will probably be a two month situation. No way they can rush him back sooner than that. Sucks for him as he was playing outstanding again.

2.7 WAR in 24 games for Buxton. Jeez that's good. Only guy in the league as good as Robert in center defensively.

14 hours ago, tray said:

Ptatc or others - Have you heard any news about Eloy since his operation?  How long would the recovery time be before he can start rehabbing?

I am a big Eloy fan and would love to see him out there this year, assuming he is ready.

I don't want him back this year if it means he takes ABs away from Yermin. Get healthy, get your strength back, and come back next year ready to roll

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ron883 said:

I don't want him back this year if it means he takes ABs away from Yermin. Get healthy, get your strength back, and come back next year ready to roll

Wait what? If Eloy is healthy and he will be, he is back. Yermin can rotate DH and 1B and pinch hit late in games. 

8 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Wait what? If Eloy is healthy and he will be, he is back. Yermin can rotate DH and 1B and pinch hit late in games. 

I don't want him back if Yermin is mashing. I have doubt he will be better than Yermin this year after the long layoff from baseball and conditioning. He'll need to get his strength back and get back in his groove. I just don't think he will be able to jump right into it and be better than Yermin. If Abreu is still garbage, then maybe Eloy will be better than him off the bat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1