Luis Robert grade 3 strain/torn Hip Flexor, est. out 12-16 weeks

Balta1701

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

this needs to be a skit.

Believe me when patients ask the questions about when I think they can get into certain positions again, it gets to be a skit.

1 hour ago, bmags said:

would love to be the translator for this discussion between doctor and patient.

"We've put together this chart identifying high risk, medium risk and low risk positions as it relates to your hip flexor injury" 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ptatc said:

Believe me when patients ask the questions about when I think they can get into certain positions again, it gets to be a skit.

So this dovetails into a hilarious story my buddy told me about a mutual friend.  He tore his patella tendon doing a jump stop on blacktop (mid 30s sports, yea!) and was hammering away at this chick a few weeks after surgery and usually I guess his method of birth control is, well, exquisite body control -- but because of the knee he couldn't quite make it work it this time and a month later chick called him up and said she was pregnant.   She ended up having a miscarriage like 10 weeks in anyways (maybe due to the COVID vaccine) so I guess it all worked out.

14 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

So this dovetails into a hilarious story my buddy told me about a mutual friend.  He tore his patella tendon doing a jump stop on blacktop (mid 30s sports, yea!) and was hammering away at this chick a few weeks after surgery and usually I guess his method of birth control is, well, exquisite body control -- but because of the knee he couldn't quite make it work it this time and a month later chick called him up and said she was pregnant.   She ended up having a miscarriage like 10 weeks in anyways (maybe due to the COVID vaccine) so I guess it all worked out.

I am both happy and sad for him.

15 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

WTF? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Injuries, pregnancy, COVID, miscarriages -- all the elements of a hilarious story.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Injuries, pregnancy, COVID, miscarriages -- all the elements of a hilarious story.

I guess I should have given a few more details.  Girl he got pregnant already has a kid and she's financially secure, as is our buddy, who sorta wanted kids, which makes the miscarriage and or potential pregnancy not really a crisis. They were on good terms and were going to raise the kid together.  The miscarriage also happened early enough in the pregnancy to where nobody really got that emotionally invested

It was just funny to me that he couldn't pull out on time because of his knee injury. Ironically enough our buddy is -- you guessed it -- a professional physical therapist.

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I guess I should have given a few more details.  Girl he got pregnant already has a kid and she's financially secure, as is our buddy, who sorta wanted kids, which makes the miscarriage and or potential pregnancy not really a crisis. They were on good terms and were going to raise the kid together.  The miscarriage also happened early enough in the pregnancy to where nobody really got that emotionally invested

It was just funny to me that he couldn't pull out on time because of his knee injury. Ironically enough our buddy is -- you guessed it -- a professional physical therapist.

Does your buddy post on this forum??

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

The pull out method works? Damn!😲