Luis Robert grade 3 strain/torn Hip Flexor, est. out 12-16 weeks

Balta1701

21 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

If something had been broken in there it could have been his season, or even career damaging.

It seemed apparent nothing was broken. Something was pulled or strained. I just hope he can get back before June.

27 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

What is a hip flexor strain? 

It's a strain of the muscle(s) which raise the leg in the air. Either the iliopsoas or rectus femoris.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I don't understand the good news.evenif its mild, which it didn't appear to be, he is going to be out several weeks. He still could miss a couple of months.

True but it could have been a labral tear which can be surgery and 3-6 months of rehab.

38 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Probably something like that. Our resident sports physician in the game thread suggested it was consistent with a hip flexor injury, which is probably mid June to July depending on severity?

Just to clarify, I'm not a physician. Physical Therapist and Athletic Trainer (PTATC)

I feel sorry for our guys. They are such physically impressive specimens they get hurt going all out. Look how fast Robert was running. He was really hustling. Eloy tries to rob a home run. Extra effort and he's out for a long time.

This is a huge loss for the Sox if he's out a few months or the rest of the season. You take away Robert and Eloy and my own opinion is it's not a playoff team anymore.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I feel sorry for our guys. They are such physically impressive specimens they get hurt going all out. Look how fast Robert was running. He was really hustling. Eloy tries to rob a home run. Extra effort and he's out for a long time.

This is a huge loss for the Sox if he's out a few months or the rest of the season. You take away Robert and Eloy and my own opinion is it's not a playoff team anymore.

Just have to win the games we are supposed to win. Bullpen and SP are going to have to carry us for a while.

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Hate that my first thought there was the Bo Jackson injury (avascular necrosis) on a football field...but seems like hip flexor has to be it.

Praying for that, he’s my favorite Sox player in ages.

Robert is so fun to watch, especially on defense.  Hopefully not terrible news tomorrow and we will see him later in the season.  Need Engel back soon to at least have good defense out in CF.

Just now, wegner said:

Robert is so fun to watch, especially on defense.  Hopefully not terrible news tomorrow and we will see him later in the season.  Need Engel back soon to at least have good defense out in CF.

He'll be back. The most conservative would be 8 weeks at the June, begnning of July. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

This just guarantees Leury is now a full time player (and more Lamb). I’m sad.

More Vaughn for sure.   The rest is Lamb, Engel, Hamilton, Luis Gonzalez, Leury...hopefully not Nick Williams, think he’s 100% gone.

Edited by caulfield12

3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Jake Lamb with Lance Lynn as his backup. They’re veterans, Rony knows who they are. Based on his postgame comments, he still doesn’t know Leury’s name.

If you're comfortable with that, rock on.

10 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Fun fact: Most teams can’t replace a 950 OPS bat and a 5-6 WAR CF

Still, it would have helped when at one point we had 5-6 outfielders in our top 12 prospects...if one would have developed.

Basabe, Steele Walker, Adolfo, Rutherford, L.Gonzalez, etc.

Might as well stick Sheets or Burger out there...what’s to lose?

Edited by caulfield12

39 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Could be worse. The A's just lost Luzardo because he fractured a finger in the pitching hand when "bumped" his hand on a desk playing video games.

So he pulled a Quentin playing Call of Duty.