Luis Robert grade 3 strain/torn Hip Flexor, est. out 12-16 weeks

Balta1701

2 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Good ideas. Although I would guess they avoid the bike for awhile as it will put the hop flexor in too much of a shortened position. I like the pool though. 

Yea good point, maybe the recumbent bike.  I hope he's got his diet and supplements locked in right now and hopefully takes this injury as a sign to really try and adjust his training in the future. Obviously there is no "secret" to staying injury free but I'd have to think a plan to maybe drop some muscle and put less strain on his joints is a smart one.  Sacrifice a little explosion for more durability.

• Haha 1

This is hopeful and great news...and unfortunate news at the same time. They should have already made a move (they didn't), Engel should be back soon (unless he tweaks) and now the Mets need outfield help and looking at the market. A WHOLE LOT has to go right for both Eloy and Robert in August to not have any delays or setbacks without having any real safety net. Leury just isn't an answer anymore. 

Edited by EloyJenkins

Just now, EloyJenkins said:

This is hopeful and great news...and unfortunate news at the same time. They should have already made a move (they didn't), Engel should be back soon (unless he tweaks) and now the Mets need outfield help and looking at the market. A WHOLE LOT has to go right for both Eloy and Robert to not have any delays or setbacks without having any real safety nets. Leury just isn't an answer anymore. 

I just hope they don't get into a bidding war for someone like Hanniger.  What are some other targets, Ozuna if the Braves want to be sellers in a month?  I'm intrigued by Sheets right now.  Solid start to the year at AAA and seems to be playing a decent OF.  Wonder if they will give him a shot if Engel has another set back and Leury continues to scuffle.

4 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

This is hopeful and great news...and unfortunate news at the same time. They should have already made a move (they didn't), Engel should be back soon (unless he tweaks) and now the Mets need outfield help and looking at the market. A WHOLE LOT has to go right for both Eloy and Robert in August to not have any delays or setbacks without having any real safety net. Leury just isn't an answer anymore. 

Teams don't make deals for significant players in April and May.  Go back through recent baseball history and you just won't find any.

We did all of the bottom feeding we could with Hamilton and Goodwin, but past that, trades are really not going to happen until at least June, if not July. 

2 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Yea good point, maybe the recumbent bike.  I hope he's got his diet and supplements locked in right now and hopefully takes this injury as a sign to really try and adjust his training in the future. Obviously there is no "secret" to staying injury free but I'd have to think a plan to maybe drop some muscle and put less strain on his joints is a smart one.  Sacrifice a little explosion for more durability.

Are you a PT?

5 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Are you a PT?

Just a guy that had to rehab some pretty serious lower body injuries and I studied as if I was one when I was doing it. 

The main thing I took away from it is that more muscle loss you can prevent, the faster you can get back on the court/field/whatever.  That's why it's so awesome Robert didn't have to have surgery.  Now he can start preventing that muscle loss so much quicker.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I just hope they don't get into a bidding war for someone like Hanniger.  What are some other targets, Ozuna if the Braves want to be sellers in a month?  I'm intrigued by Sheets right now.  Solid start to the year at AAA and seems to be playing a decent OF.  Wonder if they will give him a shot if Engel has another set back and Leury continues to scuffle.

I think the Sox will get a CF this weekend. GG level defense, right handed bat that has historically struggled but was very good recently.

29 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

At least they are returning to activity.  Recovery phase mostly over, now onto rehab.

Yep. For Robert probably a little isometric and ROM type stuff. With Jimenez being about 2 months post-op they are trying to get near full range and and starting strengthening in a shortened range of the muscles nothing near end range to stress the repair.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Yep. For Robert probably a little isometric and ROM type stuff. With Jimenez being about 2 months post-op they are trying to get near full range and and starting strengthening in a shortened range of the muscles nothing near end range to stress the repair.

What kind of strengthening exercises would they have Eloy doing?  Resistance band?

6 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

What kind of strengthening exercises would they have Eloy doing?  Resistance band?

Eventually but probably not yet. Probably just manual resistance now to protect the repair. The bands or pullies will be important later as the diagonal pattern will be the primary motion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

Eventually but probably not yet. Probably just manual resistance now to protect the repair. The bands or pullies will be important later as the diagonal pattern will be the primary motion.

Does he have like some sort of brace on to prevent excessive ROM?

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

Does he have like some sort of brace on to prevent excessive ROM?

No. The end range will be over his head and out to the side. I'm sure they just told him to not to do anything over his head.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ptatc said:

No. The end range will be over his head and out to the side. I'm sure they just told him to not to do anything over his head.

Appreciate your opinions but where’s Holiday Inn Express to provide additional insight

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Young guy like this there's one thing he'll do to screw it up and that's uh, in bed.

Possible but he should have close to motion so as long as it isn't stressed in that postion......

2 hours ago, Jerksticks said:

Appreciate your opinions but where’s Holiday Inn Express to provide additional insight

The equator runs horizontally in the direct midway point of the paper thin axis of our flat earth.

15 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

He's a working trainer, as 'bout as good as it gets.

Correct.  That’s why I’m calling for Vulture to come discredit ptac’s decades of work and contributions to the board.  That was some great theater. 

1 minute ago, Jerksticks said:

Correct.  That’s why I’m calling for Vulture to come discredit ptac’s decades of work and contributions to the board.  That was some great theater. 

Maybe don't throw stones in Covid glass houses 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, ptatc said:

Possible but he should have close to motion so as long as it isn't stressed in that postion......

would love to be the translator for this discussion between doctor and patient.

• Haha 1