MILB Kickoff Thread?

bmags

I am very excited to follow a bunch of box scores again.

Tomorrow kicks off the milb season.

It has been so long. Back to the daily threads. I can't even remember, what is the site that we found that was better than milbs team scoreboards?

30 minutes ago, bmags said:

It has been so long. Back to the daily threads. I can't even remember, what is the site that we found that was better than milbs team scoreboards?

Excited to follow Cespedes and Burger. Maybe Burger turns himself into a trade chip as there doesn't seem to be a spot on the roster in the near or long-term future.

1 minute ago, manbearpuig said:

Excited to follow Cespedes and Burger. Maybe Burger turns himself into a trade chip as there doesn't seem to be a spot on the roster in the near or long-term future.

Somehow I forgot Cespedes.

Maybe Cespedes just goes absolutely fucking nuts and we get another rookie who has to earn at-bats.

For me it's all those dudes in AZL in 2019 and the draft picks that we haven't been able to see. I got to see Burger. I've not seen cespedes. I haven't seen the legend Ben Bailey. I haven't seen Ronaldo Guzman stateside. 

If any of those guys pop-up. If Pilkington pops up like a stiever, we have some ammo for the deadline. 

Pop-up boy!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

God I missed minor league game threads. Stoked for all of the affiliates, but Kannapolis looks like it could be really fun with those young arms.

It's honestly like getting a whole separate soxtalk back. Completely different vibe and groups in here, tons of fun.

2 hours ago, bmags said:

I can’t recall the other stat site. Had a leaderboard from the organization on that day, along with box scores.

49 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

God I missed minor league game threads. Stoked for all of the affiliates, but Kannapolis looks like it could be really fun with those young arms.

It hit me the other day how much I missed following players in the minors (granted, it was pre-2020 when we were still bad and rebuilding but still).

4 hours ago, Timmy U said:

The players to watch for me at W-S are Bryce Bush, Lenyn Sosa, and Yolbert Sanchez.  Maybe Mieses will be a pleasant surprise?  I've always liked Harvin Mendoza, but he seems hit over power and he's 1b only.

A couple interesting arms, although a bit on the older side.  Bilous has pretty big stuff.  Carranza & Schilling were both over-slot signings who got hurt immediately.  Freeman is guy who could be move fast.  An infusion of youth at some point would definitely help.