Addressing the OF shortage (Robert Injury Spinoff)

Texsox

2 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

LOL, are you serious.

This is Jerry we are talking about, the miser who sent gave up international slot money (not actual money, the right to spend) for Texas to eat Welington’s option buyout.

Saved $1.25M when combined with the earlier Nate Jones deal.

Lay off the weed.

I don't believe you can trade international money this year.  Yes I agree with you other than that though. 

Just the messenger.  Anyone see the NBCSN article on trading for Bryant and the price would be Cespedes?  Thoughts?  I know currently looking at the prospects of not knowing what Jimenez or Robert will be like when they return later this year or next, the idea of trading a OF prospect is scary, but that would be a really nice bat in the lineup for the rest of this year.  I still think I would rather have Gallo who can play center, but it may not be the worst option.

1 hour ago, Wisebri224 said:

Just the messenger.  Anyone see the NBCSN article on trading for Bryant and the price would be Cespedes?  Thoughts?  I know currently looking at the prospects of not knowing what Jimenez or Robert will be like when they return later this year or next, the idea of trading a OF prospect is scary, but that would be a really nice bat in the lineup for the rest of this year.  I still think I would rather have Gallo who can play center, but it may not be the worst option.

It's hard to believe that the Cubs would accept nothing more than Cespedes, for Bryant. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Agreed, though I believe incentives tied to IP or Games / At Bats are prorated in a shortened season, just as pay was last year. Players will demand that before signing any deal.

But not if Justice Sotomayor orders them back to work again.

2 hours ago, reiks12 said:

Look, Billy Hamilton is a great addition to the team for base running and defensive purposes. Thats it. Thats all. 

He is a great player in the situations you mention.  Please don't use him in anything to do with holding the bat.