TA7 Isn't going to let the ship sink

4 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Yes!!!!

Cleveland has one good offensive player.  1.  

Minnesota looks like they might be a pile of garbage.  

KC- who cares?

Minnesota looks like they might be a pile of garbage the same way Abreu and Grandal look like they might be a pile of garbage. It’s early.

Just now, Jerksticks said:

Yes!!!!

KC- who cares?

Cleveland has Ramirez, Reyes and Rosario

Just now, caulfield12 said:

The Twins are only four games back...and can quickly make those back playing head to head against divisional opponents.

Look at what happened the last two weeks of the 2020 season.

Twins don’t have the pitching

20 minutes ago, ptatc said:

You are a contrarian aren't you. When everyone is positive, you're negative. When everyone is negative you go the positive.

He should run a hedge fund, lol.

Guess it's better than listening to Buffet and Munger complain about Bitcoin and SPAC's and limited deal making in the financial news, at least Ray Ray can be interesting or provocative 50-75% of the time.

7 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Yes!!!!

KC- who cares?

But Cleveland has otherworldly pitching and has owned us relatively speaking. Minnesota is not a pile of garbage and could be back in first place in three weeks. 

Just now, Vulture said:

Cleveland has Ramirez, Reyes and Rosario

Twins don’t have the pitching

But their offense is better than ours if they can fix the back end of the bullpen (Taylor Rogers will get first crack).

Yeah, if Maeda is bad, but he's throwing a shutout tonight so far against a decent-hitting Rangers' club.

I will bet anyone any amount of money the Twins will now make a major run at the White Sox...and it will happen in the next two months, not the second half.   It's like we just directly injected their hearts with adrenaline or steroids.

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

No, I'm not given that Billy Hamilton is arguably better than Luis Robert (and this is coming from the biggest Luis OF defense fan that exists) and Engel is just a little worse.

The last thing I'm worried about is the Defense.

Really quick on this, using DRS, Billy Hamilton has (I believe) 12-15 more DRS than ANY CF'er in baseball since he entered the league. It's not even close. It's amazing honestly.

12 minutes ago, wegner said:

Thanks for the positivity Ray...Eloy and Robert will be back for the playoff push and the playoff run through the AL....look out Padres, we will see you in October.

I know this much as a shitty analytical thinker:

Things are never as bad as they look and they're never as good as they look. Emotions betray us when it comes to thinking. When you remove emotions from the context, it's often much better or worse than we believe in the moment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

But their offense is better than ours if they can fix the back end of the bullpen (Taylor Rogers will get first crack).

Yeah, if Maeda is bad, but he's throwing a shutout tonight so far against a decent-hitting Rangers' club.

I will bet anyone any amount of money the Twins will now make a major run at the White Sox...and it will happen in the next two months, not the second half.   It's like we just directly injected their hearts with adrenaline or steroids.

I sure hope you're wrong and they don't get a Paniagua like infusion of confidence 

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I know this much as a shitty analytical thinker:

Things are never as bad as they look and they're never as good as they look. Emotions betray us when it comes to thinking. When you remove emotions from the context, it's often much better or worse than we believe in the moment.

Thanks Ray...now I feel a little better and a little worse 😎

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Yeah you’re probably right. I’m more worried about Cleveland with their pitching though. If McKenzie figures out how to throw strikes their rotation is stacked 

7 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Really quick on this, using DRS, Billy Hamilton has (I believe) 12-15 more DRS than ANY CF'er in baseball since he entered the league. It's not even close. It's amazing honestly.

I'm glad to hear Hamilton is a good defensive CF...they need to have that with Engel not coming back.  I'd rather they let him patrol CF than putting Eaton out there.  Defense should be even more important now.

4 minutes ago, Vulture said:

Yeah you’re probably right. I’m more worried about Cleveland with their pitching though. If McKenzie figures out how to throw strikes their rotation is stacked 

They already have removed Logan Allen from the rotation and McKenzie is on the verge of getting pulled as well because he's not going long enough in games.

That said, Civale has been really good.   He's given up 3 to the Royals so far tonight, though.  3-3 tie.

10 minutes ago, wegner said:

I'm glad to hear Hamilton is a good defensive CF...they need to have that with Engel not coming back.  I'd rather they let him patrol CF than putting Eaton out there.  Defense should be even more important now.

Agree 100%. 

I think Hamilton has made twice as many 5 star plays than any defender in baseball in that same time period. To be honest I may be remembering that number and not the drs number lol. Either way, it's absurd. 

• Like 1

If TA does become this MVP-caliber player (and he's not far off right now), then what are the odds the White Sox pony up $200-225ish million for a long-term deal beginning with his age 31/32 season starting in 2025?

At a minimum, he's looking at a 5-7 year contract at that point, right?

The Sox can still win the division, but they 100% need to add a CF type that La Russa will actually play on a regular basis.  Leury & Hamilton simply don’t cut it as fill-ins and honestly I’m not sure we can bank on Engel being ready in 3 weeks with all the set-backs he’s been experiencing.  And while I hope I’m wrong, it’s probably only a matter of time before Eaton hits the DL too.  No fucking clue who might be available right now, but waiting to the trade deadline might too late.  We still have a lot of talent on offense, but we’re also a very streaky unit and can’t afford to rock sub replacement bats at the bottom of the lineup when things are running cold.  Doesn’t need to be a star or anything close to Luis Robert, but the gap between serviceable and Leury / Hamilton is massive when it comes to the bat.

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Agree 100%. 

I think Hamilton has made twice as many 5 star plays than any defender in baseball in that same time period. To be honest I may be remembering that number and not the drs number lol. Either way, it's absurd. 

Leury better not be the answer or we're doomed...as doomed could be.

Although he certainly will go on a hot streak offensively at SOME point and seem like he could be an everyday player, just like Adam Engel has managed to convince some.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

If TA does become this MVP-caliber player (and he's not far off right now), then what are the odds the White Sox pony up $200-225ish million for a long-term deal beginning with his age 31/32 season starting in 2025?

At a minimum, he's looking at a 5-7 year contract at that point, right?

Why do you continue bringing this up? It’s 2021. A lot can happen over the next few years.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

The Sox can still win the division, but they 100% need to add a CF type that La Russa will actually play on a regular basis.  Leury & Hamilton simply don’t cut it as fill-ins and honestly I’m not sure we can bank on Engel being ready in 3 weeks with all the set-backs he’s been experiencing.  And while I hope I’m wrong, it’s probably only a matter of time before Eaton hits the DL too.  No fucking clue who might be available right now, but waiting to the trade deadline might too late.  We still have a lot of talent on offense, but we’re also a very streaky unit and can’t afford to rock sub replacement bats at the bottom of the lineup when things are running cold.  Doesn’t need to be a star or anything close to Luis Robert, but the gap between serviceable and Leury / Hamilton is massive when it comes to the bat.

Jarrod Dyson has a .921 OPS at the moment, lol.

Of course, for the Royals.

• Fire 1

Just now, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Why do you continue bringing this up? It’s 2021. A lot can happen over the next few years.

Because we're the White Sox and never get to keep our own homegrown players, with Konerko (and he was LAD/Cincy) the only exception in the last 20-30 years.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

And he had to hand Jerry one of his balls to consummate the deal.

Paulie handed him that baseball and Jerry's heart melted just like when the Winter Warlock got that choo choo....of course the Warlock then lost all his magical abilities so I don't know what that tells you.  Sorry, my mind wanders when there's not a game on.

Edited by wegner
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Because we're the White Sox and never get to keep our own homegrown players, with Konerko (and he was LAD/Cincy) the only exception in the last 20-30 years.

It's become quite clear to me that the poster you are quoting has never actually paid any real attention to anything going on with this organization.