Injuries: can the training staff be blamed?

Dominikk85

On 5/4/2021 at 7:15 AM, Dick Allen said:

I would guess most training staffs do the same thing 99.9% of the time. There might be a rogue trainer or 2, but these are the elite people in their field, and they keep up with all the latest things. 

Post three and I'm thinking thread over. Then I remembered where I was lol

23 hours ago, ptatc said:

The latest things that we implement come from research. Staff at this level will not just do something they heard about.

Thalidomide and DDT came from research too

Edited by Vulture

3 minutes ago, Vulture said:

This entire thread of responses is full of terrible takes.  Of course we learn more and improve our techniques for medicine and pretty much anything else.  If you really don't believe in modern research and technology, you need to be living in an Amish community or something to stay consistent with this line of thinking.  I would expect what we do in 2021 to be an improvement over what we did in 2010, 2000, 1990, etc.  Of course over time there are going to be things we replace as we learn more.  The anti-science movement is one of the worst things about modern America.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

This entire thread of responses is full of terrible takes.  Of course we learn more and improve our techniques for medicine and pretty much anything else.  If you really don't believe in modern research and technology, you need to be living in an Amish community or something to stay consistent with this line of thinking.  I would expect what we do in 2021 to be an improvement over what we did in 2010, 2000, 1990, etc.  Of course over time there are going to be things we replace as we learn more.  The anti-science movement is one of the worst things about modern America.

Science relies on repeatable results. If the results are increased susceptibility to injury then what does the science tell you. Just because something is new doesn’t make it good science

13 minutes ago, Vulture said:

Science relies on repeatable results. If the results are increased susceptibility to injury then what does the science tell you. Just because something is new doesn’t make it good science

So you are saying they are just making this stuff up?

4 hours ago, Vulture said:

Maybe, can't say I didn't read the research prior to using them using it. But we don't put things in the body for physical rehab.

Edited by ptatc

1 hour ago, Vulture said:

No but at this level that aren't going to use something that doesn't have good evidence to support it. Nothing in medicine is ever 100%. A minimally clinical difference is great if it hits 85%. There is just too much anatomical variability in people let alone if people actually do what they are supposed to.

So if your point is that they are using concepts that aren't 100% guaranteed to work, you're right because it doesn't exist.