GT 5/4: SOX at CIN

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Rick flew out to Cincinnati, by the looks of the lineup card, he may have written it.

Considering who is available and it's in an NL park, this is about as good as it gets.  Could move a guy or two around, but it wouldn't make a huge difference.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

I was looking up Cease's batting stats just for the hell of it and apparently, in 31 career starts, he's managed to never start in an NL park.

That's pretty impressive considering last years slate vs nl central.

4 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Madrigal is having a better season than Tommy LaStella. Go figure.

Love the April MVP awards. He has been struggling with a back injury.

Jackie Bradley Jr has had a better season than Eloy Jimenez, blew me away didn't expect that.

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

Love the April MVP awards. He has been struggling with a back injury.

Jackie Bradley Jr has had a better season than Eloy Jimenez, blew me away didn't expect that.

And he is now out for supposedly an extended period. That was a nice non signing.

22 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Eaton's hurt, surprised hes not on the IL.

Which is why I was surprised they brought up Mendick. You basically have 4 OF (including Eaton) on the roster + Lamb who never played OF before this year.

4 minutes ago, skooch said:

Which is why I was surprised they brought up Mendick. You basically have 4 OF (including Eaton) on the roster + Lamb who never played OF before this year.

I told you before all the injuries you will be seeing guys play in places they never played under Tony. But Lamb and Vaughn trying LF does at least make some sense.

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

I told you before all the injuries you will be seeing guys play in places they never played under Tony. But Lamb and Vaughn trying LF does at least make some sense.

This speaks volumes about what the FO really thinks of the OF prospects already in the org.

2 minutes ago, Vulture said:

I’d rather have Hamilton in CF

I like him as a defensive replacement, can pinch run as well. Wouldn’t mind a start 1 or 2 a week while Robert is out

When Engel returns, want him as the regular CFer (80% of starts).

Garcia, Mendick, Collins and Hamilton should be the bench. I disagree with Lamb on the team, especially since he is starting to play LF on a platoon basis. No need.

I also hope a near week off for Mercedes doesn’t effect his timing. Wouldn’t mind a Mercedes 1B start to give Abreu his first game off tomorrow, with a second on the off-day Thursday. Clear the head and help heal his hand.

• Like 1

Just now, poppysox said:

I like the lineup.

You can do a lot with Tim and Madrigal in the top 2 spots. If Tim gets on you can try some hit and runs since Madrigal rarely swings and misses.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I like him as a defensive replacement, can pinch run as well. Wouldn’t mind a start 1 or 2 a week while Robert is out

When Engel returns, want him as the regular CFer (80% of starts).

Garcia, Mendick, Collins and Hamilton should be the bench. I disagree with Lamb on the team, especially since he is starting to play LF on a platoon basis. No need.

I also hope a near week off for Mercedes doesn’t effect his timing. Wouldn’t mind a Mercedes 1B start to give Abreu his first game off tomorrow, with a second on the off-day Thursday. Clear the head and help heal his hand.

Agreed.