WHITE SOX SIGN BRIAN GOODWIN

13 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Wait, who?

I understand that Cespedes is going through the visa process but they can give him some AB’s or they can use Luis Gonzalez in CF or bring up Sheets or Adolfo instead of signing Goodwin who isn't really going to replace the production we have lost. I would even trade some assets for Marte, or Gallo at this point. Anything better than Goodwin. I don’t know maybe he will work out and prove me wrong but I’m not so sure.

Edited by maloney.adam

3 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I understand that Cespedes is going through the visa process but they can give him some AB’s or they can use Luis Gonzalez in CF or bring up Sheets or Adolfo instead of signing Goodwin who isn't really going to replace the production we have lost. I would even trade some assets for Marte, or Gallo at this point. Anything better than Goodwin. I don’t know maybe he’ll be serviceable and will work out. 

Whichever Marte you are talking about, they are both hurt.

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I seriously would rather talk Alex Gordon out of retirement than give this guy any at bats. Geez.

We don't need a slow left fielder we need someone who can play center 

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I seriously would rather talk Alex Gordon out of retirement than give this guy any at bats. Geez.

You realize that there are other players besides ones who share a zipcode with you, Greg.  I know you have a hard-on for all things Royals but seriously.  

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Alex isn’t a true CF’er. I was hoping for Kenny Lofton.  He was a clutch midseason acquisition in deep runs for the Cubs and Indians, and looked pretty good in the Celebrity All-Star game a couple years ago. 

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1

36 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I understand that Cespedes is going through the visa process but they can give him some AB’s or they can use Luis Gonzalez in CF or bring up Sheets or Adolfo instead of signing Goodwin who isn't really going to replace the production we have lost. I would even trade some assets for Marte, or Gallo at this point. Anything better than Goodwin. I don’t know maybe he will work out and prove me wrong but I’m not so sure.

Gonzalez, Sheets, and Adolfo are all bums. The Sox tanked for 3 plus years and still couldn't build up a decent farm system.  

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I think we could see Cespedes at some point later this summer, but Sheets and Adolof can't play CF and that is what he need. Gonzalez can play CF, which he why he keeps getting the call, but he also isn't good and likely not a major leaguer.  

Technically he was pretty decent with Angels last 2 years - no idea what happened to him when he went to the Reds. He isn't good - but if you get the Angels version it isn't bad.  It is not a good stop gap by any means but it isn't like this guy is a total scrub either.  I fully expect club can find a bat between now and the deadline though - not a Luis Robert replacement, but they can find something.  

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, IWokeUpLikeThis said:

Alex isn’t a true CF’er. I was hoping for Kenny Lofton.  He was a clutch midseason acquisition in deep runs for the Cubs and Indians, and looked pretty good in the Celebrity All-Star game a couple years ago. 

Yeah, ya gotta go Lofton, or maybe Curtis Granderson.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hi8is said:

Repeat after me.... temporary. Go on.... say it: temporary.

Maybe not, he could take Hamilton's spot eventually. He's a better hitter anyway. May not be the fielder or runner Hamilton is but not many are . Goodwin gave the Angels some quality play the last couple of years, close to .800 OPS ina bit over 500 ABs. He may pleasantly surprise some for a quick pick up on the fly.

• Like 1

McRae was sent to Charlotte with no corresponding move announced. Didn’t know where to put this as it doesn’t merit its own thread, but could conceivably be Goodwin if he’s added to the 40 man. Probably means Crochet is good to go, though. 

Edited by Blackout Friday