That's a I think we all needed a laugher White Sox Winner

wegner

Nice win. Hopefully Madrigal (2 hits) is comfy in the No. 2 hole. So many stars of the game, no need to list them all, cept for Cease. Would like to see tonight's game be the start of an amazing rest of the season for Abreu. He looked locked in. Stay focused, Jose and lead this team to greatness.

LOL. Post-game mentioned how the only other modern era pitcher to have 10+ Ks, allow no more than 1 hit, and get 3 hits did with the bat today was Catfish Hunter. 

Ozzie then says thank god Hawk isnt still calling the game, or else we would have had to hear Hawk talk about Catfish Hunter the entire rest of the game. Then Ozzie did a Hawk impression. "I tell you what, Catfish Hunter was the best..."

That was good stuff.

Edited by ron883
  • Haha 12

5 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

This was simply the game of Cease. What an unbelievable performance by him.. on both sides.

And the thing is, he didn’t have nearly his best fastball and command.  The last game against the Tigers, that stuff was way better. However tonight he shut down a pretty fantastic offense.

30 minutes ago, ron883 said:

LOL. Post-game mentioned how the only other modern era pitcher to have 10+ Ks, allow no more than 1 hit, and get 3 hits did with the bat today was Catfish Hunter. 

Ozzie then says thank god Hawk isnt still calling the game, or else we would have had to hear Hawk talk about Catfish Hunter the entire rest of the game. Then Ozzie did a Hawk impression. "I tell you what, Catfish Hunter was the best..."

That was good stuff.

Man I wish I could see these feeds 😆

17 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Cease credited Lance Lynn on helping fix his pitching... and his hitting tips :lol:

Love to hear younger players learning from veterans. 

I remember hating David Wells when he was here then I heard later that he really helped Mark Buehrle and I hated him a little less.

8 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Still have way more talent than most teams in MLB.  Come to the light. 

I'm afraid too many people here are worried that light is a train.

Edited by wegner
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, wegner said:

Love to hear younger players learning from veterans. 

I remember hating David Wells when he was here then I heard later that he really helped Mark Buehrle and I hated him a little less.

David Wells was the only White Sox player I ever booed, when he was puking booze on the mound and failed to record an out in his start against the Cubs.

Carlos Lee, a far superior defensive OF compared to Eloy, bailed Wells’ dumb ass out in extras. It was glorious!

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/CHA/CHA200106080.shtml

Wells was the clown how trashed Frank for not playing hurt, for his shoulder injury that shut him down for the season.

https://tht.fangraphs.com/tht-live/10th-anniversary-of-david-wells-most-asinine-moment-5-3-11/

Game including Wells’ “performance”archived here:

https://m.facebook.com/WhiteSox/videos/1133234710388686/

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Thanks 4

Cease was stellar again - and offense will need guys to step up - but they did.  I have a feeling Madrigal will eventually become a long time staple in the 2 spot.  Have I mentioned before - despite his limitations - I really like Madrigal. 

14 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Cease was stellar again - and offense will need guys to step up - but they did.  I have a feeling Madrigal will eventually become a long time staple in the 2 spot.  Have I mentioned before - despite his limitations - I really like Madrigal. 

madrigal should be locked in at 2, and Moncada at 3.  I put Mercedes at 4 (vs AL lineups/at home) and Abreu at 5. But I know this won't happen.

I wanted to add some love for Ruiz. He's been great.

Nice to see TA, Abreu and Yo step up in the first game post Robert.

Cease shutting down that offense combined with his outing against Detroit is very encouraging. 

Sox are in first. Let's keep it that way!:gosox1:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Idk where to put this, but Eaton is now injured. 

He's been sore for a week. Had Sunday off, to give him rest, until Robert hurt himself in the bottom of the first.

He got hurt with his crazy baserunning, take the two days and hopefully stay healthy after.

6 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Idk where to put this, but Eaton is now injured. 

It was obvious on Saturday after he went into the net for an attempted catch. He came out limping. Looked like his ankle.

• Kalapse changed the title to That's a I think we all needed a laugher White Sox Winner