That's a I think we all needed a laugher White Sox Winner

wegner

That was such a fun game to watch.  Cease looked really good pitching.  He has been much better with locating his pitches lately, and his off speed stuff was particularly nasty.  Add three hits to his performance, and he's the easy player of the game.

Moncada is starting to look like the Moncada from 2019.  TA continues to be TA.  Abreu came through to get things started.  Madrigal looked solid in the 2-spot.  Ruiz has been surprisingly good so far this season.

This team is still good even without Eloy and Robert.  The guys we expect to perform need to perform.  There's less room for error.  But, damn this team is stacked with talent.

6 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Cease was stellar again - and offense will need guys to step up - but they did.  I have a feeling Madrigal will eventually become a long time staple in the 2 spot.  Have I mentioned before - despite his limitations - I really like Madrigal. 

How could anyone not like Madrigal?🙂

10 hours ago, greg775 said:

Nice win. Hopefully Madrigal (2 hits) is comfy in the No. 2 hole. So many stars of the game, no need to list them all, cept for Cease. Would like to see tonight's game be the start of an amazing rest of the season for Abreu. He looked locked in. Stay focused, Jose and lead this team to greatness.

Well hopefully TLR is giving up batting him below Garcia. *Fingers crossed*

2 hours ago, poppysox said:

How could anyone not like Madrigal?🙂

You seem biased, Poppy :D

I liked the pick from the beginning because I thought his style would be a great compliment to the boppers we had in the lineup.  His ability to not swing and miss at this level is very impressive.  Here is to him driving opposing pitchers nuts for the foreseeable future.

6 minutes ago, wegner said:

You seem biased, Poppy :D

I liked the pick from the beginning because I thought his style would be a great compliment to the boppers we had in the lineup.  His ability to not swing and miss at this level is very impressive.  Here is to him driving opposing pitchers nuts for the foreseeable future.

I am partial to having my best hitters on base when the sluggers come up.  Nicky takes pitches and gives runners a chance to steal if that rattles the pitcher.  He can hit behind the runner and work the count.  What's not to like.  

• Like 1

• Kalapse changed the title to That's a I think we all needed a laugher White Sox Winner
13 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

David Wells was the only White Sox player I ever booed, when he was puking booze on the mound and failed to record an out in his start against the Cubs.

Carlos Lee, a far superior defensive OF compared to Eloy, bailed Wells’ dumb ass out in extras. It was glorious!

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/CHA/CHA200106080.shtml

Wells was the clown how trashed Frank for not playing hurt, for his shoulder injury that shut him down for the season.

https://tht.fangraphs.com/tht-live/10th-anniversary-of-david-wells-most-asinine-moment-5-3-11/

Game including Wells’ “performance”archived here:

https://m.facebook.com/WhiteSox/videos/1133234710388686/

20 years ago and watching that Grand Slam still brought the biggest grin to my face and gave me a chill.  Thanks.

6 hours ago, hogan873 said:

That was such a fun game to watch.  Cease looked really good pitching.  He has been much better with locating his pitches lately, and his off speed stuff was particularly nasty.  Add three hits to his performance, and he's the easy player of the game.

Moncada is starting to look like the Moncada from 2019.  TA continues to be TA.  Abreu came through to get things started.  Madrigal looked solid in the 2-spot.  Ruiz has been surprisingly good so far this season.

This team is still good even without Eloy and Robert.  The guys we expect to perform need to perform.  There's less room for error.  But, damn this team is stacked with talent.

Agreed! Just wish Grandal and Eaton could start hitting. How embarrassing for Eaton and Grandal when the team gets 13 hits and 9 runs and Eaton goes 0-3 with 3 K's and Grandal 0-2. 

16 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Do you have info the rest of us don't have? Eloy yes, still very much a question mark on Robert.

As with any comment on this forum, it's based often on opinions besides facts. My comment was based on what has been reported by numerous sites and Rick Hahn. 

Eloy's injury - He had surgery Tuesday, March 30 to repair his ruptured left pectoral tendon. It's been documented per numerous sources and Rick Hahn, the recovery time frame is 5-6 months. The Sox season ends on Sunday, October 3.  AL playoffs start Oct 5. That puts Eloy's recovery time to the end of Aug or end of Sept. Even with a short stint at Triple A Charlotte, it is very conceivable he could be back for the playoffs, assuming we make it in. As a side note, the Triple A Charlotte season ends on Sun, Sept 19 if either of these two players need to do a rehab stint at Charlotte. 

Luis Robert's injury from the game on Sunday, May 2, which was a grade 3 hip flexor tear will be 12-16 weeks or 3-4 months. That would be early Aug to early Sept. 

I understand nothing is for sure and complications can arise. However I like to be an optimist and assume since both of these guys are great athletes and very young, that they will work hard and diligent with the rehab to recover in time. I rather think positively and if they don't make it back, then so be it. Again, this is my opinion just like all these forum discussions are opinions along with facts.