GT 5/5: SOX at CIN

1 minute ago, fathom said:

When will the Sox realize Hamilton is terrible. His at bats aren’t even competitive.

I meant the steal, but this is also true

1 minute ago, Quin said:

Over reactionary take that I feel completely justified in saying because it's endemic of a larger problem: Whoever made the call to steal there (TLR or Leury) should be fired or cut from the team.

I 10,000% endorse that Hot Take.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Quin said:

Over reactionary take that I feel completely justified in saying because it's endemic of a larger problem: Whoever made the call to steal there (TLR or Leury) should be fired or cut from the team.

I think it was Larussa. Leury moved two pitches in a row. Id bet anything larussa had no idea the pitcher would be the guy on 2nd with his double switch - also dumb..then assumed they wouldn't throw threw because he's stuck in 1995. Lol

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Can someone smarter than me explain the logic there?  Are we really that concerned about Billy hitting into a double play?  We literally just threw away a chance of Tim Anderson being up with the go ahead run at 3rd.

I thought they would play for a double play before Hamilton came up, but they were playing the IF in. There was no good reason to steal there. Especially since there's no way the pitcher comes home on the steal attempt.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Can someone smarter than me explain the logic there?  Are we really that concerned about Billy hitting into a double play?  We literally just threw away a chance of Tim Anderson being up with the go ahead run at 3rd.

More like why is he batting?  Let Collins bat for him there.  Tony’s obsession with these terrible veteran slap hitters is so obnoxious.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Larussa is a big idiot for double switching and making Hendricks run. It was unlikely we would get 8 batters in this inning anyways

Huh? Without the double switch, Hendriks would have been due up 4th last inning.  Having Hendriks run was the correct call.

Having Hamilton ever bat in a major league game is not the correct call.

Just now, JoshPR said:

I swear Leury is dumber than DeAza

He just had to have assumed they wouldn’t risk throwing through...forgetting who was actually on third.

And if he thought it was Grandal instead, don’t know what to say because he’s as slow as the Molinas.

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

I can understand if someone like Grandal was up.. a slow runner. Billy Hamilton, when he actually makes contact with the ball, is not grounding into a double play in that situation. 

Maybe Tony was worried about Jake Lamb being the next batter up?

Who am I kidding, he thinks Lamb is a fucking god.

1 minute ago, RudyLawRules said:

If we lose, this is another one on TLR.  Small ball when we need a sac fly? Fucking brilliant 

Tony was counting on the throw in to center field. 

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Lamb was up. Not Anderson.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Lamb was up next, but yes that was stupid

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RudyLawRules said:

If we lose, this is another one on TLR.  Small ball when we need a sac fly? Fucking brilliant 

This is the same idiot that let Garcia and Hamilton hit as the tying run at the plate last week.  Tony has no clue what he’s doing and Hahn needs to take away these terrible players.

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic