GT 5/5: SOX at CIN

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

When will the Sox realize Hamilton is terrible. His at bats aren’t even competitive.

He’s literally one of the worst offensive players in the last half decade.  His value is a pinch runner and defensive replacement.  The fact we keep letting him bat in big situations is insanity to me, although perhaps there were no other options today.

• Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

This roster is so poorly constructed right now.  Enough with the “it’s early” and winning with speed, pitching and defense. 

Can't win with speed when the speed guy can't hit the ball.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

He’s literally one of the worst offensive players in the last half decade.  His value is a pinch runner and defensive replacement.  The fact we keep letting him bat in big situations is insanity to me, although perhaps there were no other options today.

Maybe the idiots in charge should have called up Gonzalez instead of Mendick.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

there were, they're in the minors because the FO refuses to call anyone up. I'd rather have Collins hit for Hamilton there and then switch for Gonzalez for the bottom of the inning

zero fucking reason why Hamilton holds a baseball bat when the game is on the line, EVER

• Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

This roster is so poorly constructed right now.  Enough with the “it’s early” and winning with speed, pitching and defense. 

Hahn does deserve a lot of blame for not looking for "quality" depth but I also think any team hit by this many injuries is going to look tough. 

The OF coming into Spring Training was Eloy-Robert-Eaton/Engel. All 4 of those guys are out with injury right now. I don't know many teams that survive that and have the depth to really make things look good. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

What a surprise. 

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic