GT 5/5: SOX at CIN

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Hahn does deserve a lot of blame for not looking for "quality" depth but I also think any team hit by this many injuries is going to look tough. 

The OF coming into Spring Training was Eloy-Robert-Eaton/Engel. All 4 of those guys are out with injury right now. I don't know many teams that survive that and have the depth to really make things look good. 

The Dodgers could probably pull something out of their ass but that's about it. 

Just now, Tony said:

Hahn does deserve a lot of blame for not looking for "quality" depth but I also think any team hit by this many injuries is going to look tough. 

The OF coming into Spring Training was Eloy-Robert-Eaton/Engel. All 4 of those guys are out with injury right now. I don't know many teams that survive that and have the depth to really make things look good. 

Having no one in the minors capable of passably filling in hurts.  There just is no OF depth in the upper minors either.

9 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Actually a smart play, if you know... we didn‘t have our fucking closer on third.

It would almost never be a smart play.

Leading run is on 3rd base and you just made the second out at second base with the fastest base runner in the game standing at the plate. He wasn't getting doubled up. In that situation, the runner on 3rd was all that mattered in the moment. They were throwing through regardless there - I guess maybe not if you have some elite speed on 3rd but for most hitters they're throwing through there. I'm just amazed honestly. I can't believe it happened lol

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic