GT 5/5: SOX at CIN

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m not worried yet, but we definitely getting our money worth so far.

It's like we bought a ticket for the Rolling Stones...and got The Monkees instead.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I still can't believe what I just saw hahaha

Doesn't walk Weinker to give a force at every base there too.

He honestly just has no clue what he's doing.

It would be like another team letting a LHP face Tim Anderson with Collins and Lamb up next.

Just now, 2Deep said:

We need to figure out our outfield in the off day tomorrow otherwise we are fucked.  You cannot run Billy hamilton and Leury Garcia out there.  It just cannot happen.   

But it will. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

People can blame Hendriks all they want. He will be fine, he is right where he needs to be with his peripherals. But how many times has TLR manged the team to a loss now? 4-5 times?  And that’s not even talking about his mindboggling decision to abandon shifts

Edited by GermanSoxFan
  • Like 2

If Garcia doesn't turn a single into a double in the 9th, I doubt Hendriks has to come into the game. If the umpire would have done his job and not called 2 strikes balls, Hendriks doesn't come into the game. TLR did some stupid shit, but those 2 things got us into a situation where he'd be allowed to make dumb moves.

• Thanks 1

Keuchel is earning his money...so far, but good God how bad the Grandal and Hendriks deals look at this point.

That said, Heuer isn’t looking good either as a potential closer.

Theoretically, Bummer would likely be closer had they stood pat and done nothing.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Why not do a double switch with Mendick and Madrigal to avoid that.  

I could be wrong but  didn't they have to do the double switch? You could not just run for Hendricks because he had to stay in the game to face 2 more batters. . 

Just now, SCCWS said:

I could be wrong but  didn't they have to do the double switch? You could not just run for Hendricks because he had to stay in the game to face 2 more batters. . 

He ended an inning was over that counts as 3 batters. 

he didn’t even need to run they could have just gone to the last out before that spot in the lineup b

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SCCWS said:

Apparently the rule does not require you to make the pitcher run. Could have used Abreu instead.

LaRussa being told the rule right now in the press conference hahahhaahha

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Haha 2

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Our manager legitimately does not know the rules, if you can't just laugh at that then you're doing this fanhood thing all wrong.

Honest question....what the f%$# is the Bench Coach doing??

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

It would be like another team letting a LHP face Tim Anderson with Collins and Lamb up next.

Winker is the best hitter in baseball against righties, but I had a gut feeling that Kyle Farmer was due. Tough luck nothing you can do.

• Like 1

Just now, Dick Allen said:

Tony didn't have to use Hendriks as the runner. He didn't know. He also said Hendriks is a closer so the 10th inning wasn't his thing, but for some reason he had him out there. God he is bad.

Can’t wait for another Passan article soon

1 minute ago, GermanSoxFan said:

People can blame Hendriks all they want. He will be fine, he is right where he needs to be with his peripherals. But how many times has TLR manged the team to a loss now? 4,5 times?  And that’s not even talking about his mindboggling decision to abandon shifts

So tired of peripherals when wins and losses count more.

By peripherals, the Twins should be 3-3 in extra inning games and not 0-6.

Otoh, LaRussa managing has also led to at least a 3 game swing, where we should be 9 games over .500 sheerly from a statistical standpoint.   And running away with the division, but now we’re in a dogfight.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Keuchel is earning his money...so far, but good God how bad the Grandal and Hendriks deals look at this point.

That said, Heuer isn’t looking good either as a potential closer.

Theoretically, Bummer would likely be closer had they stood pat and done nothing.

Hendriks is fine, Grandal has had some historically bad BAbip luck. They are the same dudes they have always been. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Tony doesn’t know the rule, he just admitted it

How many times is he basically going to apologize for his actions in the post game press conference in a full season?

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic