GT 5/5: SOX at CIN

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Tony called for the steal too.

Honestly the guy should be fired, right away. He even said it wasn't a mistake to run Leury.

Did he just also say he was hoping from a fly ball from Hamilton?

1 minute ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Hendriks is fine, Grandal has had some historically bad BAbip luck. They are the same dudes they have always been. 

I agree although Grandal does have make some adjustments and stop pounding the ball into the right side of the infield.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Tony called for the steal too.

Honestly the guy should be fired, right away. He even said it wasn't a mistake to run Leury.

The follow up questions should be "so you don't think Billy Hamilton can get the bat on the ball there? Then why is he batting?"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

How many times is he basically going to apologize for his actions in the post game press conference in a full season?

I think we all know he only apologizes to cover his ass.  He’s a bad person and a bad manager.

Edited by fathom

1. Double switch leaving  a pitcher to run in the 10th.

2. Not knowing Abreu could run for the pitcher.

3. Garcia steal attempt.

4. Hamilton not bunting/ not able to bunt with pitcher on 3rd

5. Hamilton at the plate swinging away instead of literally anyone else on the planet

Bottom line, only reason Hamilton should be at the plate in that situation instead of a pinch hitter is if he's bunting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

So tired of peripherals when wins and losses count more.

By peripherals, the Twins should be 3-3 in extra inning games and not 0-6.

Otoh, LaRussa managing has also led to at least a 3 game swing, where we should be 9 games over .500 sheerly from a statistical standpoint.   And running away with the division, but now we’re in a dogfight.

Peripherals are important becuae baseball is a fickle sport. Kneejerk reactions don’t win games either. 

Just now, MeanJoeCrede said:

1. Double switch leaving  a pitcher to run in the 10th.

2. Not knowing Abreu could run for the pitcher.

3. Garcia steal attempt.

4. Hamilton not bunting/ not able to bunt with pitcher on 3rd

5. Hamilton at the plate swinging away instead of literally anyone else on the planet

Bottom line, only reason Hamilton should be at the plate in that situation instead of a pinch hitter is if he's bunting.

Pitching to Winker is probably the dumbest decision of all

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Tony didn't have to use Hendriks as the runner. He didn't know. He also said Hendriks is a closer so the 10th inning wasn't his thing, but for some reason he had him out there. God he is bad.

Ok, I didn't see any of this game. Checking out the thread to see what happened, and... Hendriks as the runner? I must be misunderstanding you. What happened?

Just now, Marqhead said:

I hate La Russa as much as the next guy, and he should obviously know the rules, but the offense needs more than 0 runs in 10 innings. That's why we lost.

But his love affair with these veteran slappy hitters played a huge role in not scoring.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I think we all know he only apologizes to cover his ass.  He’s a bad person and a bad manager.

I know you corrected it, but bar person would have worked there too. :D

• Like 1

Just now, Marqhead said:

I hate La Russa as much as the next guy, and he should obviously know the rules, but the offense needs more than 0 runs in 10 innings. That's why we lost.

Agreed.

But that was a fire-his-ass-on-the-spot showing

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic