GT 5/5: SOX at CIN

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

tbh I didn’t know about the rule either, but I am just some dude posting on a message board and not a hall of fame baseball person

I’ve seen it quite a few times already this year

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

James f**an fucking read Tony the rule book as one of the question.

TONY LARUSSA DIDBT KNOW THE FUCKING RULE.

Tony could have elected to have the runner before Hendriks to run since Hendriks is a pitcher, but TONY CHOOSE TO RUN HENDRIKS BECAUSE HE DUSNT JNOW THE FUCKING RULE

If TLR didn't know the rule, that means none of the coaches did either

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Maybe? Maybe not. Maybe Lamb goes yard and shocks the world. They held them to zero runs through 10. Things can be different when trailing in that 10th inning than tied. The managers job is to know the rules.

Pretty deflating to score zero there.

He's clearly in over his head a needs to go. No excuse for not knowing the rules and not putting his team in a position to win. What a frustrating loss. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

He argued with Fegan, who I think asked the question, and Fegan had to reread the rule so the old guy could understand better.

I don't know how you keep the clubhouse after these gaffe's. Managers usually mean very little - using the "wrong pitcher" in our opinion is a gaffe usually which has a small variance from expected outcomes. Not knowing the rules put Hendriks at risk on the bases, and then puts the team behind in their chance to win. Pretty amazing incompetence you don't see everyday.

Holy crap, I did not see the press conference.  As I have said previously, they have been embarassing.  Now he is arguing with a reporter about the rules?  That is beyond ridiculous.  LaRussa deserves every criticism coming his way.  Give Hawk a 1 day GM contract so he can fire his sorry ass again!!!

• Haha 1

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

I didn’t hate the steal attempt either if Hendriks wasn’t the runner on third. 

1st and third.  1 out.  Your batter is billy hamilton who WILL NOT get doubled up on a grounder.. Literally just make contact and a run scores.. stealing means a potential for 2 outs, and the worst hitter in america up..  It asinine to think a steal there was smart or even just "okay"

Just now, joesaiditstrue said:

Given that it's a 162 game season and they are bound to play a handful of extra innings game and already have, you think someone on that bench would know the nuances of the fucking rule, no matter how stupid it is. What a joke. 

• Like 2

Just now, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

1st and third.  1 out.  Your batter is billy hamilton who WILL NOT get doubled up on a grounder.. Literally just make contact and a run scores.. stealing means a potential for 2 outs, and the worst hitter in america up..  It asinine to think a steal there was smart or even just "okay"

Contact doesn’t mean a run scores because the infield is in and we know he can’t hit the ball hard at all.

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

You have to get one before you get two. Stealing there with a non-good base stealer doesn't increase the expected runs scored. In fact, it decreased it.

You need to add context.  TLR was confident they would throw Hamilton another breaking ball because he looked terrible on the first two (I'm sure everyone watching was expecting another breaking ball...I definitely was).  If he does throw another breaking ball, it's either low and inside, which gives Leury a very high probability of being safe, or he hangs it in the zone, which gives Hamilton a chance to put it in play.

If the Sox los5t the game in a less bizarre fashion I wouldn’t even be mad. Gray was awesome and Keuchel matched him, it was great to watch. But this is some shit that should het you fired on the spot.

Maybe he will take an advisory role and waste JR‘s cash on Martinis in the press box. 

1 minute ago, Marqhead said:

Given that it's a 162 game season and they are bound to play a handful of extra innings game and already have, you think someone on that bench would know the nuances of the fucking rule, no matter how stupid it is. What a joke. 

oh I agree, but stupid shit like this is white sox tradition, small market mindset, no accountability, it's so embarassing

3 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

Is it not Tony's job to say 'Hey (Insert Coach here) you are in charge of knowing this rule inside and out."

3 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

Matt Spegel reported talk in the clubhouse indicates coaches are intimidated at trying to correct La Russa.

Ethan Katz could stay, everyone else can be flushed down the toilet.

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic