May 6th

BamaDoc

32 minutes ago, Quin said:

Decided to get MiLB.TV, mainly for Kanny, but checking in on the other games as well.

Unless you mean in person, in which case, I got nothing.

Didn't get to tune in until late, did they actually start broadcasting on time tonight? Instead of like the 3rd inning?

Bham was bad after but McClure was good. Who knows timeline but after spring training I feel pretty good he may be SP depth or BP piece. Definitely wasn’t his trajectory two years ago.

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Just curious, is he related to the Yankees' Luis Severino?

Also, Alec Hansen's 15 minutes of fame have passed...at least with the White Sox organization.

Holy crap.  That is an awful inning.  I think I played 2B for an inning like that in pony league.  Noone could throw a damn strike.

Sounds like that inning lasted longer than one of Buehrle's complete games.

11 hours ago, wegner said:

Holy crap.  That is an awful inning.  I think I played 2B for an inning like that in pony league.  Noone could throw a damn strike.

Sounds like that inning lasted longer than one of Buehrle's complete games.

That's just so bad for a AA team . 10 batters in a row, 9 getting walks and 1 HBP.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Quin said:

I don't think so. Micker Adolfo can only hit 95+ slowballs.

Besides injuries, what is the rap on his hitting?

Obviously, we watched Luis Robert mash hanging curves and sliders all 2019...but how many of Adolfo’s homers are on plus velocity pitches like he would be seeing in the majors.

Just curious why he’s in AA if this is his last year of team control, whereas Burger was jumped to AAA.

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Besides injuries, what is the rap on his hitting?

Obviously, we watched Luis Robert mash hanging curves and sliders all 2019...but how many of Adolfo’s homers are on plus velocity pitches like he would be seeing in the majors.

Just curious why he’s in AA if this is his last year of team control, whereas Burger was jumped to AAA.

Because he didn't get to AAA, is still young enough to be there and be (just barely) age appropriate, they probably want both him, Rutherford, and Sheets to all get constant corner OF starts, so someone had to be in AA.

As for each of his homers, unfortunately, I don't have statcast data for Micker Adolfo's minor league career. But he has big time power and a big time arm.