Albert Pujols

36 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Apples and oranges but by all means go ahead and be angsty about it

if they want to send Yermin away I believe that would have to happen in order for this to go down.  Can't have two guys that cannot play the field on the bench 

And obviously the DH spot is Yermin's, simple as that.

47 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Now we will see how much pull Larussa really does have.. Also, how stupid he really is... DUN DUH DUUUUUUUUUH

I thought we already know how stupid and senile Tony is....LOL! Oh yeah, silly me, there just might be another level of Jerry insanity here!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

is anyone else scared that the Sox are going to sign him? I feel like it’s either going to be the Sox or Cardinals.

Nope.  If we did I would be joining all the negative posters on this site.  We have a lifetime supply of DH types.

this is really starting to feel like Major League with Jerry throwing obstacle after obstacle in front of the team except the sox are good. 

Please nobody "well actually" me about how the team in that movie comes back to force a one-game playoff.

2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I believe he can 

Honestly shocked when I just looked up Ramirez numbers with us. They were way better than I remember. Wasn't he hitless like his first month? He finished with a .420 obp...whaaaa

• Haha 1

Just now, bmags said:

this is really starting to feel like Major League with Jerry throwing obstacle after obstacle in front of the team except the sox are good. 

Please nobody "well actually" me about how the team in that movie comes back to force a one-game playoff.

God damnit, I need Vaughn to switch to 99 and just go on a goddamn tear.

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

I can't get the image of a cardboard cut out of Jerry in the locker room now...

1 minute ago, poppysox said:

Nope.  If we did I would be joining all the negative posters on this site.  We have a lifetime supply of DH types.

It's like a bad infomercial...included is a lifetime supply of DH...wait there's more....act now and get another future Hall of Famer.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Honestly shocked when I just looked up Ramirez numbers with us. They were way better than I remember. Wasn't he hitless like his first month? He finished with a .420 obp...whaaaa

I just remember him hitting the ball so weakly when he made contact.  

1 minute ago, wegner said:

I just remember him hitting the ball so weakly when he made contact.  

That 2010 team was a lot of fun too, and it all just seemed like it came to a screeching halt when that idiotic move was made. Seems familiar.

Lillibridge was weirdly good in June that year, Andruw Jones was awesome. If they didn't roll with Kotsay at DH that's a playoff team. 88 wins...crazy. 

Tony La Russa's "A Lineup"

Player (2021 fWAR)

• SS Anderson (0.9)
  • RF Eaton (0.5)
  • 3B Moncada (1.0)
  • 1B Abreu (0.4)
  • DH Pujols (-0.3)
  • C Grandal (0.3)
  • LF Lamb (0.0)
  • CF Garcia (-0.3)
  • 2B Madrigal (0.5)

Bench: Mercedes (1.0); Vaughn (0.4); Hamilton (0.0); Collins (0.3).

AAA: Mendick (0.3)

Just now, DoUEvenShift said:

Yes I know I'm absolutely bat shit crazy but I like it.

With the stipulation that his job is basically a mentor to all the young guys and help keep TLR awake in the dugout. RARE pinch hit and 1B starts.

You’re crazy if you don’t think Tony would play him 5-6 times a week.  He’s a veteran player....we saw how much he favors Hamilton already due to that status.

• Thanks 1