Albert Pujols

3 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Nope...he might be mad and he might bad but he ain't crazy.

I mean, that's the principal reason why the betting numbers are where they are...not anything to do with a current team need.

Even if there was, and Mercedes isn't a sure thing yet, Pujols is the last hitter in baseball to meet that need, without a way back machine to ten years ago.

Or, they're simply oblivious to Yermin and see/hear about Jimenez/Robert injuries.

2 hours ago, poppysox said:

That's why I agree with those who don't want decade-long contracts given out.  How many years did the Angels get a top producer?  He hasn't been exceptional for 4 years or more.

He was bad on arruval

Man did the Sox have something on LaRoche or did the Sox have something on LaRoche?

Must have been wild.  Like really wild. 

Albert has 340 million in career earnings, you know LAA has to have offered him a buyout every offseason for several years now.  Hell, this winter they probably offered him 28.5 of the 30 he was due to walk, yet he choose this route to preserve every penny.

Respect to him I guess.  If I had more money than I could spend I think I would have walked off John Kruk style after a dinger. 

12 minutes ago, GREEDY said:

Man did the Sox have something on LaRoche or did the Sox have something on LaRoche?

Must have been wild.  Like really wild. 

Albert has 340 million in career earnings, you know LAA has to have offered him a buyout every offseason for several years now.  Hell, this winter they probably offered him 28.5 of the 30 he was due to walk, yet he choose this route to preserve every penny.

Respect to him I guess.  If I had more money than I could spend I think I would have walked off John Kruk style after a dinger. 

Buyouts don’t really happen in baseball. Why the heck would you take $28.5M when you’re guaranteed $30M? 

Imo, at least give him a 10 day contract or whatever so he can retire under his longtime manager. One last game. Give him the sendoff he deserves. He's an all time great.

Edited by ron883
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Imo, at least give him a 10 day contract or whatever so he can retire under his longtime manager. One last game. Give him the sendoff he deserves. He's an all time great.

no one is surprised by this post, NO ONE

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Buyouts don’t really happen in baseball. Why the heck would you take $28.5M when you’re guaranteed $30M? 

Because you have all the money in the world and can then control your 2021 destiny?

1 hour ago, GREEDY said:

Because you have all the money in the world and can then control your 2021 destiny?

Well in this case, he has $1.5M more guaranteed and still controls his own destiny once he clears waivers.  Baseball players don't really take buyouts.  It makes no sense.  Just tell the team to release you and pay you your guaranteed $ if they don't want you on their team.  As a player, zero reason to take a pay cut - the end result is the same, except for the amount of $ you're due.   

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Marqhead said:

3200 hits and 650+ HRs? He's a first ballot hall of famer. No question.

If I had to bet,  I agree with you.

When I wrote that post I was thinking of the baseball writers and how they consider character ( steroid whispers / Jack Clark accusations) and seven sub par seasons at the end. The writers hold that first ballot designation in high esteem. 

58 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Please please please no injury to Abreu or Mercedes any times soon....because if there is you know whose being brought in...

Someone that everyone else has given up on and is sitting at home?  AAA guy that Tony met in AA? It won't be pretty no matter what.