5/7: Chicago White Sox @ Kansas City 7:10 PM CDT

17 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

For the love of all that is holy, why is Eaton BACK in the 2 hole?

Because he is LHB against RHP, lol...and good SSS numbers against Keller.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIjvOsDnsUt/

Maybe next year it’s this guy....man is Cespedes well-built in the upper body, a cross between Moncada and Robert.   

Edited by caulfield12

10 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

For the love of all that is holy, why is Eaton BACK in the 2 hole?

I’m less concerned at this point with who bats where vs. keeping Hamilton and Lamb on the bench for 90+% of games. Also like seeing Collins catch Rodon regularly, as he is much more competent catching his slider than Grandal. Collins should also be paired with Lucas, with Grandal catching Keuchel, Lynn and Cease.

When I look at the past three lineups, I believe there is reason to believe Hahn spoke to La Russa in Cincinnati regarding the importance of regularly playing your best players, especially when two of your best are out until late Summer.

5 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I’m less concerned at this point with who bats where vs. keeping Hamilton and Lamb on the bench for 90+% of games. Also like seeing Collins catch Rodon regularly, as he is much more competent catching his slider than Grandal. Collins should also be paired with Lucas, with Grandal catching Keuchel, Lynn and Cease.

When I look at the past three lineups, I believe there is reason to believe Hahn spoke to La Russa in Cincinnati regarding the importance of regularly playing your best players, especially when two of your best are out until late Summer.

I like your thoughts on the pitcher/catcher pairings.

• Thanks 1

Any lineup without Hamilton and Lamb at this point i can handle. Although Leury Garcia makes me mad and curse.

We need to get another outfield bat in the worse way.

I ask because I genuinely am curious....why is Yasiel Puig out of the league... 

15 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

Any lineup without Hamilton and Lamb at this point i can handle. Although Leury Garcia makes me mad and curse.

Undoubtedly it’s because I overhyped him and called him potentially the best CFer since Roberto Clemente...if Clemente would have decided to play that position instead of RF.

Rape/sexual assault allegations, a NY Knicks’ bathroom/toilet stall with a woman who seemingly was/is a lesbian.  Still being adjudicated, more on the civil side than criminal seemingly.

Edited by caulfield12

2 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

I'd rather see Hamilton than Leury in CF tbh.

Defensively I agree, but by keeping him on the bench you have a late inning defensive replacement or runner option. When he starts, your stuck with four poor at bats. Garcia isn’t an everyday player, but there are sadly no other CFs on the roster. It’s why I wanted the Sox to go after Jackie Bradley Jr. for RF with flexibility to play CF.

8 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

1. He is rumored as a bad clubhouse presence, playing on three teams his final two years.

2. Missed 2020 after getting COVID as a free agent (just before signing with Atlanta).

3. He’s currently facing sexual assault lawsuit (not a criminal case) from a 2018 incident. Even if a team signs him, he very likely could be placed on suspension while MLB investigates. A criminal conviction is not required for MLB to suspend a player for these types of incidents.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31257025/yasiel-puig-denies-accusations-sexual-assault-lawsuit

welp, it's been a tough start to the season for us sox fans, but we sit in a good spot record wise.

the TLR manager debacle has started off as everyone has expected...horribly.

Our depth has been challenged and it has not been successful. 

tonight we have a game against the budding young royals, should be pretty fun. 

baseball is a beautiful game with so much balance. Such a wonderful sport.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, whitesoxbrad said:

Me too at least Hamilton is a good outfielder

Yep...however, we all know his best use is as a late-inning base runner or defensive sub.  If Engel were back today I would be fine with the current guys.  Since Engel isn't apparently ready anytime soon...RH really needs to find an answer.

• Like 1

Just now, DoUEvenShift said:

uhhh do you know how odds work?

Didn't mean this in a mean way. Look at the moneyline for the straight up "WIN" odds. The spread is different because the Sox have to Win by 2+ for it to hit (or Royals can lose by 1)

11 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Didn't mean this in a mean way. Look at the moneyline for the straight up "WIN" odds. The spread is different because the Sox have to Win by 2+ for it to hit (or Royals can lose by 1)

isn't money line just where the bets are coming in for?  I thought spread is the same as odds?

this is why I don't gamble

2 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

isn't money line just where the bets are coming in for?  I thought spread is the same as odds?

No the moneyline just means you are betting straight up which team will win. Spread means your team has to win by x amount (or not lose by x amount) to win the bet.

It makes more sense in other sports with higher scores like football or basketball but lets say you have a +5 spread on the Bulls tonight if they win or lose by 4 or less you will win the bet.

Edited by DoUEvenShift

2 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

For baseball there's two lines. Run line which will always be -1.5 runs and the moneyline. Moneyline is what you look to see who the favorite is. Negative number indicates they're the favorite (kind of heavily i may add)

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic