5/7: Chicago White Sox @ Kansas City 7:10 PM CDT

9 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

The league is just so weird this year. I don't know if this is how it usually is, but If you look at the run differentials and then take a look at records, it will leave you scratching your head. Some examples:

White Sox have a +38 run differential and Cleveland with a +8 run differential...yet they are separated by just a half game in the standings.

KC with a -17 run differential yet they are one game above .500

Oakland with a -13 run differential and they're in first place at 19-14 in the AL West (expected W/L of 15-18), while Houston has a +28 differential with a record of 16-15 (expected 18-13 record) and they're in 3rd! So bizzare.

Run differential doesn't mean much until July. 

25 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Sweet another week or so and we’ll be 1st in the AL.  Even with a few top guys out, no other team in the AL has even close to the level of talent we have.  It’s so obvious.  Nothing to really worry about.  Never was. 

Preaching to the choir.🙂

29 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Sweet another week or so and we’ll be 1st in the AL.  Even with a few top guys out, no other team in the AL has even close to the level of talent we have.  It’s so obvious.  Nothing to really worry about.  Never was. 

Now you have your big boy pants on!  Well done!

• Like 1

Len sounds like a guy who's regretting his career choices, that's the vibe I get when I hear him doing Sox games, unless that's just his personality.  he reminds me of how a national broadcaster sounds when doing Sox games

1 hour ago, SonofaRoache said:

Run differential doesn't mean much until July. 

Or the Dodgers until the blowout tonight still looking like the best team statistically...run differential, etc., but have fallen all the way from +12 to +1 in just two weeks.

6 hours ago, chw42 said:

Can't fault him too much aside from the Perez double after having him 0-2. The catcher's interference definitely changed the inning. 

I agree with this. He got it done and that's all that matters. 

9 hours ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Take a few deep breaths next time you think about posting. Saying Keller is gonna have his “best start of the year” after 7 batters... lol. Give your enter key a break it’s gotta be close to broken with how quick and how often you b****.

This is a game thread you tool. The idea of a game thread is you vent, complain, celebrate, and get excited all throughout a game. The different emotions that come while watching your favorite team. You policing me or anyone else for comments during a game thread is asinine. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, joesaiditstrue said:

Len sounds like a guy who's regretting his career choices, that's the vibe I get when I hear him doing Sox games, unless that's just his personality.  he reminds me of how a national broadcaster sounds when doing Sox games

Len is a terrible announcer. He can’t wait to throw some obscure stat out there that nobody cares about. I’m surprised anyone would say they enjoy him unless that person is a nerd.

23 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

This is a game thread you tool. The idea of a game thread is you vent, complain, celebrate, and get excited all throughout a game. The different emotions that come while watching your favorite team. You policing me or anyone else for comments during a game thread is asinine. 

You probably shouldn’t police the reactions of people who manage *not* to say ridiculous things during game threads, either. If you can’t stand the heat, get out of the bitchin’.

35 minutes ago, runtheballdown said:

Len is a terrible announcer. He can’t wait to throw some obscure stat out there that nobody cares about. I’m surprised anyone would say they enjoy him unless that person is a nerd.

Hey, nothing wrong with being a nerd. 😄

What. I. Don't. Like. About. Len. Is. He. Seems. More. worried. about. Diction. And. Pronunciation. Than. About. Entertainment. And. It. Makes.  For. A. Very. strange. Pace. Of. Broadcast.

36 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

You probably shouldn’t police the reactions of people who manage *not* to say ridiculous things during game threads, either. If you can’t stand the heat, get out of the bitchin’.

Fair enough. We move on.....im here because it gives me a forum to discuss my favorite team. I have no ill will towards anyone as the goal here is the same. Cheering for the boys in Black, white, and silver.

I will say, im not a pessimist, im exact opposite.....I just made a comment about Keller yesterday because he was mowing us down. That was construed as bitching.

All good. Lets get a win today

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

Jason makes Len semi-tolerable. But it’s not a good pairing at all. 

No, it's not. I didn't like Len when he was with the Cubs, and it turns out the reason wasn't just because he was with the Cubs.

I rather enjoy Jason's sense of humor. Not old enough to get all of his references, but he provides enough context that I usually get it anyway.

24 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

No, it's not. I didn't like Len when he was with the Cubs, and it turns out the reason wasn't just because he was with the Cubs.

I rather enjoy Jason's sense of humor. Not old enough to get all of his references, but he provides enough context that I usually get it anyway.

Jason's awful as the color guy, which isn't his fault. He's a play by play guy of course.

What the heck is this slander.  Len is one of the best broadcasters in the game.  Jason is insufferable.  I hope they find Benetti a nice full time national job and slot Len in there with Stone.  A true dream team.

• Fire 1

I liked them early on in the week, but last night was pretty horrible. Jason veers too far off topic sometimes. There were too many stretches where he was trying to crack jokes and/or just wasn't focused on the game. 

Len and Stone have been my favorite pairing. 

9 minutes ago, Green Line said:

What the heck is this slander.  Len is one of the best broadcasters in the game.  Jason is insufferable.  I hope they find Benetti a nice full time national job and slot Len in there with Stone.  A true dream team.

I hate this post (because I listen to games, and want Len on with DJ).

Keep Jason on Sox TV broadcasts forever, pair him with Bill Walton when Stone retires. They were made for each other.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

59 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Yeah, my brain doesn't even register that he's the former voice of the Cubs any more.  I really do just dislike him as an announcer at this point.  His voice grates on me and I find his call fairly bland and boring.  He knows the in and outs of the game but it doesn't show enough in his call to make up for the rest IMO.  

3 hours ago, 2Deep said:

Fair enough. We move on.....im here because it gives me a forum to discuss my favorite team. I have no ill will towards anyone as the goal here is the same. Cheering for the boys in Black, white, and silver.

I will say, im not a pessimist, im exact opposite.....I just made a comment about Keller yesterday because he was mowing us down. That was construed as bitching.

All good. Lets get a win today

He called me insufferable in a game thread simply for commenting on Cease wasting pitches his last outing.  Best to put him on ignore and leave it be.

• Fire 1

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic