That's a shutout in KC White Sox Winner

wegner

Thank God for Rodon. Should have added a few more runs late if Tony wasn't all caught up in small ball bunting and Hamilton batting late because he pulled Vaughn again.

Hamilton has two less at bats to end the game (Innings 7-10) than Vaughn. This needs to stop, now. Hamilton should never be brought in before the 9th, and never with the possibility to bat in a crucial spot.

2021 Batting Averages (Innings 7-10):

Andrew Vaughn: 5-14 .357 vs.

Tony's Guys 3-45 .0666

• Leury Garcia 2-22 .091
  • Billy Hamilton 1-12 .083
  • Jake Lamb 0-6 .000
  • Nick Williams 0-5 .000

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 3

10 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Thank God for Rodon. Should have added a few more runs late if Tony wasn't all caught up in small ball bunting and Hamilton batting Vaughn.

Hamilton has two less at bats to end the game (Innings 7-10) than Vaughn. This needs to stop, now.

Andrew Vaughn: 4-13 .308 vs.

Tony's Guys 3-43 .0698

• Leury Garcia 2-21 .095
  • Billy Hamilton 1-11 .091
  • Jake Lamb 0-6 .000
  • Nick Williams 0-5 .000

Agreed with this, except that Leury would be any manager's guy, given this 40 man roster.

For better or worse, he's the only guy in the 40 man who can cromulently stand at 8 defensive positions and not totally crap his pants. The true issue is that this FO either hasn't emphasized versatility in drafting/developing young players, or hasn't bothered to seek out versatile players in acquisitions.

The other clowns you posted in red shouldn't be on a MLB roster, let alone get significant PA art this level.

Edited by Two-Gun Pete
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

Agreed with this, except that Leury would be any manager's guy, given this 40 man roster.

For better or worse, he's the only guy in the 40 man who can cromulently stand at 8 defensive positions and not totally crap his pants. The true issue is that this FO either hasn't emphasized versatility in drafting/developing ypung players, or hasn't bothered to seek out versatile players in acquisitions.

The other clowns you posted in red shouldn't be on a MLB roster, let alone get significant PA art this level.

I'm not saying Leury shouldn't be on the roster, or even shouldn't be playing since he had to cover for numerous injuries. My main point with Leury is if anyone is going out late in a tie game or a game where you're down by 1 or 2, he should be pulled for a better hitter.

I agree the other three should not be here. Hamilton is fine as the 26th man on a properly managed team. He should be used solely to pinch run in the 9th/extras, or the bottom of the 9th defensive replacement with a 1-2 run lead. Tony has taken out Vaughn, only to have Hamilton bat in multiple games. Tony's small ball tendencies are decreasing the team's win probability. This will come back to haunt the team if they continue when playing better teams and more crucial games.

PS - I updated the numbers from my OG post (were through yesterday) to include tonight's game. It's why there is a difference between my edited post and the post you quoted.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I'm not saying Leury shouldn't be on the roster, or even shouldn't be playing since he had to cover for numerous injuries. My main point with Leury is if anyone is going out late in a tie game or a game where you're down by 1 or 2, he should be pulled for a better hitter.

I agree the other three should not be here. Hamilton is fine as the 26th man on a properly managed team. He should be used solely to pinch run in the 9th/extras, or the bottom of the 9th defensive replacement with a 1-2 run lead. Tony has taken out Vaughn, only to have Hamilton bat in multiple games. Tony's small ball tendencies are decreasing the team's win probability. This will come back to haunt the team if they continue when playing better teams and more crucial games.

PS - I updated the numbers from my OG post (were through yesterday) to include tonight's game. It's why there is a difference between my edited post and the post you quoted.

Can't disagree.

Hahn has to save TLR from himself. He's  gotta get rid of Lamb and Williams, because they just outright suck. At the same time, I actually don't want Mendick here. He should be in Charlotte, taking Innings in the OF, so he can eventually take Leury's spot.

But bitching about the 5th OF in the depth chart sucking at baseball (Leury) seems a bit misplaced, IMO.

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Thank God for Rodon. Should have added a few more runs late if Tony wasn't all caught up in small ball bunting and Hamilton batting late because he pulled Vaughn again.

Hamilton has two less at bats to end the game (Innings 7-10) than Vaughn. This needs to stop, now. Hamilton should never be brought in before the 9th, and never with the possibility to bat in a crucial spot.

Tony's Guys 3-45 .0666

• Leury Garcia 2-22 .091
  • Jake Lamb 0-6 .000
  • Nick Williams 0-5 .000

Did you pull these stats yourself. Impressive.

Great pitching. Great win. We'll take a shutout anyday.

Surely Tony has seen enough of Hamilton. The guy cannot hit and that's pretty obvious by now. Glad Collins is doing OK. That HR tonight was nice. Would be great to score some runs the final two games of the series and keep KC reeling. The Royals do stink and it'd be nice to win all 3 but unacceptable to not win at least two.

12 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Tony's Guys 3-45 .0666

• Leury Garcia 2-22 .091
  • Jake Lamb 0-6 .000
  • Nick Williams 0-5 .000

Which is a good thing, innings 7-10 is when you want to Defensively replace Vaughn if you have a lead. That will cost him an at bat here and there but still is a good decision. 

What was really bad was the one game were Vaughn came in as a defensive replacement:). 

1 minute ago, Dominikk85 said:

Which is a good thing, innings 7-10 is when you want to Defensively replace Vaughn if you have a lead. That will cost him an at bat here and there but still is a good decision. 

What was really bad was the one game were Vaughn came in as a defensive replacement:). 

Perhaps you didn’t see Leury Garcia turn a single into a double in the ninth, before Tony sent Liam Hendriks to run and Leury to get caught stealing in the tenth.

There have literally been dozens of situations where leaving batters with nearly zero chance of reaching have cost the Sox a chance to win late in ball games. I don’t recall Andrew Vaughn costing his team in LF in any game.

Plus with strikeouts a major part of MLB baseball, and good hitting at a premium, your best hitter is far more valuable than a slight upgrade in OF, or in the case of Jake Lamb and Nick Williams, a downgrade in LF.

• Like 1

The advanced stats and eye test are showing Andrew to be an above average left fielder, his k% has come down to a respectable level and he is above average in all facets of the game including base running. Let him off the leash and give him those ABs.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Tony's Guys 3-45 .0666

• Leury Garcia 2-22 .091
  • Jake Lamb 0-6 .000
  • Nick Williams 0-5 .000

Wow, too bad we cant get our senile manager to look over these stats the next time he wants to pull or bench Vaughn.

17 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Tony's Guys 3-45 .0666

• Leury Garcia 2-22 .091
  • Jake Lamb 0-6 .000
  • Nick Williams 0-5 .000

Truly pathetic.

Even when it first began, I was always super upset at TLR taking out Vaughn so early in games.

As others have mentioned, he isn't bad in LF.

I haven't seen him screw up yet. 

B-Ham, J-Lamb, and N-Willy should not be on the roster, plain and simple.