5/8/21 Chicago White Sox @ Kansas City 6:10 PM CDT

We are currently +10 on the Giants for best RS/RA differential in the majors.

47 versus 37.

Cleveland in real time at +15 and just 1/2 game back.

Of course, we should really be at least +9-11, maybe 13 games over .500 were it not for the bullpen and overcoming TLR, at least so far.

1 minute ago, Chris Sale said:

They’re going off topic so much bc it’s an 8-0 crush. Sorry you don’t like the good vibes. Oddball commentary is enjoyable in this type of relatively rare circumstance. Watch the Royals cast if it’s insufficient dour and low-energy for your tastes.

Yeah, I'm actually enjoying the commentary overall for once. 

2 minutes ago, Chris Sale said:

They’re going off topic so much bc it’s an 8-0 crush. Sorry you don’t like the good vibes. Oddball commentary is enjoyable in this type of relatively rare circumstance. Watch the Royals cast if it’s insufficient dour and low-energy for your tastes.

They did it yesterday when it was a 2-0 and 3-0 game

• Like 1

We should just be thankful the Indians can’t afford Lindor (who sucks so far for NYM), Carrasco, a fifth starter, an offense in general...their biggest move was Eddie Rosario, for around the same amount Adam Eaton received.

Clase got hurt (figuratively) yesterday, but Karinchak’s the most valuable set up/high leverage guy in the majors.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

It's interesting that Soxtalk is one of very few places where Benetti isn't universally beloved. Non White Sox fans who regularly watch out of town baseball rave about Benetti and Stone + the media coverage of him is all overwhelmingly positive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Chris Sale said:

I get they have to fill the time, but when they keep making the other one speechless due to their corny joke, it just comes across like they have no chemistry. Benetti is actually at his best when he talks about all the players he’s seen at his various minor league spots.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

We should just be thankful the Indians can’t afford Lindor (who sucks so far for NYM), Carrasco, a fifth starter, an offense in general...their biggest move was Eddie Rosario, for around the same amount Adam Eaton received.

Clase got hurt yesterday, but Karinchak’s the most valuable set up/high leverage guy in the majors.

Yea it’s crazy how giant the gap in talent is between the Sox and any other team in the division.  I bet it ends up being 10-20 WAR.  The Sox running away with this division was the most obvious call in all of baseball.  Even with the injuries.  We just have too much. 

1 minute ago, Jerksticks said:

And then games like this come along and suddenly everybody shuts up and doesn’t apologize for their childish outbursts from the day before.  

Great times.  

You mean Tony not knowing the rules?  Yeah of all the meltdowns on here, that’s one of the most acceptable.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Just did a 20 mile ride down to golden gardens and back here in seattle got game on in backyard as we grill no volume thank god 

You guys are such grouches. Exactly what do you want them to be talking about? They are still being plenty analytical about baseball, and Jason is having confident banter with Len rather than desperately trying to seek Stone's approval on subjects he's not confident about all game. 

I love Stone but I think these 2 make for a much better pair overall based on the few games I've heard them do together thus far.

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

It's interesting that Soxtalk is one of very few places where Benetti isn't universally beloved. Non White Sox fans who regularly watch out of town baseball rave about Benetti and Stone + the media coverage of him is all overwhelmingly positive.

It's a very small vocal faction here who hates him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, fathom said:

I get they have to fill the time, but when they keep making the other one speechless due to their corny joke, it just comes across like they have no chemistry. Benetti is actually at his best when he talks about all the players he’s seen at his various minor league spots.

I’ll concede the chemistry could be better. To be honest, Len Kasper is the main culprit IMO. He often has some interesting things to say but he’s weirdly bad at keeping a conversation flowing and lively, at least for a pro announcer in a major sports league. I notice this all the time in his radio broadcasts with DJ

1 minute ago, fathom said:

You mean Tony not knowing the rules?  Yeah of all the meltdowns on here, that’s one of the most acceptable.

I’d say that was 2nd closest to acceptable.  Not pulling Gio was the only real mistake so far in my book.  

Anything else is embarrassing to be whining about.   Just flat out embarrassing 

3 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

And then games like this come along and suddenly everybody shuts up and doesn’t apologize for their childish outbursts from the day before.  

Great times.  

It is annoying that even with the injuries, with good management we would be the best team in baseball. But overall we’re in a good place.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Great times.  

People posting on a forum on the internet, have differing opinions?

tenor.gif?itemid=7479706

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

I’d say that was 2nd closest to acceptable.  Not pulling Gio was the only real mistake so far in my book.  

Anything else is embarrassing to be whining about.   Just flat out embarrassing 

It's embarrassing that we have been upset about how generally bad our defense, offense and bullpen have been most of the season so far along with numerous key injuries?

Positivity is good, but the almost chemical level of sunshine and rainbow nonsense you constantly pound is utterly silly. 

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RagahRagah said:

It's embarrassing that we have been upset about how generally bad our defense, offense and bullpen have been most of the season so far along with numerous key injuries?

Poaitivity is good, but the level of sunshine and rainbow nonsense you constantly pound is utterly silly. 

The Sox are 4th in baseball in wRC+ and rated 3rd defensively. I don't understand why people here think the offense has been bad.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RagahRagah said:

Poaitivity is good, but the level of sunshine and rainbow nonsense you constantly pound is utterly silly. 

I do it on purpose to shine a spotlight on grown men whining and complaining about having the most talent in the league.  Just STFU and ride it out for a couple weeks and what do you know, 1st place and just starting to hit our stride...with 10WAR of outfield on the shelf until September to boot. 

fucking incredible job by Hahn and KW.  Incredible. 

• Like 1