5/8/21 Chicago White Sox @ Kansas City 6:10 PM CDT

4 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

It's embarrassing that we have been upset about how generally bad our defense, offense and bullpen have been most of the season so far along

Fine, I'll bite.  I'd love to see any statistics at all pointing to the White Sox offense in particular being bad.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OmarComing25 said:

The Sox are 4th in baseball in wRC+ and rated 3rd defensively. I don't understand why people here think the offense has been bad.

You might not have watched several games in the first couple weeks or so.

14 minutes ago, fathom said:

You mean Tony not knowing the rules?  Yeah of all the meltdowns on here, that’s one of the most acceptable.

It's crazy how much the White Sox team has in common with the Soxtalk community

2 minutes ago, SleepyWhiteSox said:

Fine, I'll bite.  I'd love to see any statistics at all pointing to the White Sox offense in particular being bad.

We've had several low scoring games, done fairly poor with RISP and had low production from several regular players. Now, that last bit in particular is probably mostly TLR's fault but still needs to be stated. And a large portion of the board was upset with out lack of offensive production and consistency the first few weeks. Weird how revisionist history tends to sweep over this forum.

1 minute ago, RagahRagah said:

You might not have watched several games in the first couple weeks or so.

There he goes again. Spinning everything in a negative light. Sox are in first place and the overwhelming division favorite. Based on your posts, you’d think they’re the Detroit Tigers or, dare I say, the Minnesota Twins.

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

There he goes again. Spinning everything in a negative light. Sox are in first place and the overwhelming division favorite. Based on your posts, you’d think they’re the Detroit Tigers or, dare I say, the Minnesota Twins.

"Excuse me while I lazily deflect every point you make, make a black and white general statement merely complaining about your analysis (but never offering an actual counterpoint... after I previously said all you do is whine and complain."

You're about as oblivious a poster as exists on this forum. Just a mere cheerleader with no other function. 

Edited by RagahRagah

1 minute ago, RagahRagah said:

We've had several low scoring games, done fairly poor with RISP and had low production from several regular players. Now, that last bit in particular is probably mostly TLR's fault but still needs to be stated. And a large portion of the board was upset with out lack of offensive production and consistency the first few weeks. Weird how revisionist history tends to sweep over this forum.

Over the first two weeks of the season they were 7th in baseball in wRC+ and 7th in runs scored. They had the longest streak of any team in scoring at least 3 runs per game to start the season. They've never been bad. Yeah they've had a few bad games offensively but name a team that hasn't.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

"Excuse me while I lazily deflect every point you make, make a black and white general statement merely complaining about your analysis (but never offering an actual counterpoint... after I previously said all you do is whine and complain."

You're about as oblivious a poster as exists on this forum. Just a mere cheerleader with no other function. 

Lol. What function do you serve again other than to whine and complain about everything?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, OmarComing25 said:

Over the first two weeks of the season they were 7th in baseball in wRC+ and 7th in runs scored. They had the longest streak of any team in scoring at least 3 runs per game to start the season. They've never been bad. Yeah they've had a few bad games offensively but name a team that hasn't.

Don’t question his “analysis.” Just ask him, he’s the smartest, most analytic poster on this board.

3 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

That's going to be true for every team across baseball. 5th in runs per game (entering tonight), 3rd in wRC+, 2nd in position player fWAR, 7th in team OPS. It's definitely been frustrating at times, but I don't see how you can make an evidence based argument they haven't been one of the best offensive teams in baseball. This team has lost a ton of close games, but I think that has significantly more to do with the manager and an underwhelming (so far) bullpen than the hitting itself.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OmarComing25 said:

You're about as oblivious a poster as exists on this forum. Just a mere cheerleader with no other function. 

43 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

I do it on purpose to shine a spotlight on grown men whining and complaining about having the most talent in the league.  Just STFU and ride it out for a couple weeks and what do you know, 1st place and just starting to hit our stride...with 10WAR of outfield on the shelf until September to boot. 

fucking incredible job by Hahn and KW.  Incredible.

If you're not hard-core trolling here you have a serious attention problem.

Things working out good (for like a week???) doesn't mean anyone did a good job. They still failed to spend money where it was sorely needed; in reality they only made 1 real acquisition this year and so far that acquisition hasn't exactly been super stellar. Aside from that, Hahn has been an awful GM who has made several terrible FA signings. 

"The Sox are winning (kinda) in the first month, therefore the FO did an incredible job."

This is such an oblivious take it's staggering. Hahn and KW are not much of a contributer to the way this team plays. If the Sox miss the playoffs this year you can absolutely blame them for it.

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

That's going to be true for every team across baseball. 5th in runs per game (entering tonight), 3rd in wRC+, 2nd in position player fWAR, 7th in team OPS. It's definitely been frustrating at times, but I don't see how you can make an evidence based argument they haven't been one of the best offensive teams in baseball. This team has lost a ton of close games, but I think that has significantly more to do with the manager and an underwhelming (so far) bullpen than the hitting itself.

You're about as oblivious a poster as exists on this forum. Just a mere cheerleader with no other function. 

2 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Lol. What function do you serve again other than to whine and complain about everything?

You just posted to whine and complain. I actually provided some insight to a problem.

I'm going to put you on ignore because there's no point in trying to engage with someone who has the perpetual mental capacity of a child and literally no self-awareness.

• Fire 2

Not to be negative here as I’m super happy with how the game has gone so far, but I do wish this team wouldn’t let the foot off the gas when they are way up.  Obviously this is the smallest of complaints, but I would like to see a bit more of a killer instinct.

6 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Don’t question his “analysis.” Just ask him, he’s the smartest, most analytic poster on this board.

You're thinking of ray ray

Edited by ron883

6 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

A fair point; TLR has definitely cost us some runs IMO but I've still seen plenty of issues remain with RISP and bad baserunning. 

I acknowledge it is getting better, I'm just stating that many of us were very frustrated with this things to start the season and they will have to prove that these improvements will be consistent.