5/8/21 Chicago White Sox @ Kansas City 6:10 PM CDT

Just now, Tnetennba said:

I’d prefer him to be available for tomorrow.  Give these innings to Foster, Marshall, Crochet, or Ruiz. 

Given his performance this year, rn seems like the time to use Foster

• Like 1

Just now, Harry Chappas said:

How does the offense just shut it down like this.  Should make KC use their bullpen.   Tomorrow they will get 3 hits. 

Ever have plans after school and try to get your work done fast so you can get to those plans?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I’d prefer him to be available for tomorrow.  Give these innings to Foster, Marshall, Crochet, or Ruiz. 

For real, why are we wasting our best reliever in an 8-0 game?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Grandal sustaining this walk rate given how poorly he's been hitting is one of the most inexplicable things I've ever seen.

His current walk rate is over double his already very good career walk rate, it's insane. He's swinging the bat less than 25% of the time and they're just not throwing strikes to him.

Edited by OmarComing25

2 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

AVG   OBP
.121   .381

That makes no sense at all.

Not knocking him but I could see Madrigal hitting .140 pts higher than him this year and having a similar OBP

Edited by fathom

I'm fine with being as rigid as possible with Kopech's usage. Keeping him on a schedule that's similar to that of a starter seems like the surest way to keep him stretched out while making sure he's building up innings. If they don't use him tonight, and Gio goes ~6+ tomorrow, it becomes a slippery slope where Kopech could go too long (imo) without pitching.

• Like 2