5/8/21 Chicago White Sox @ Kansas City 6:10 PM CDT

Imagine being a Royals fan right now, on the flip side of the coin....

Your team roars out to a great start, first place, and now, they have scored 1 run total, in the last 25 innings.

RIP the scoreless inning streak. Quite a run by the pitching over the last few games though, jesus. Still don't get why Kopech was in this game---why do we even have Foster on the roster at this point? At least Ruiz got some run in a blowout

Just now, Capn12 said:

Your team roars out to a great start, first place, and now, they have scored 1 run total, in the last 25 innings.

Teams do this every year. We all know who the frauds are before they turn into pumpkins. Cleveland is next. 

Just now, Capn12 said:

Yeah, especially after spending most of April in first place (although everybody and their mothers knew that wasn't going to last). Not the greatest feeling, I am sure, but the emotion I'm managing to feel for them is schadenfreude. 

Fans will get giddy in games like these against LHP, and get depressed watching all the 0s accumulate vs. RHP. Still early, but the team splits are similar to last year. 

Against LHP, the White Sox resemble 2021 Luis Robert (Team Splits: .301/.370/.457 OPS .826 sOPS + 133).

Against RHP, the White Sox resemble 2020 Yoan Moncada (Team Splits: .242/.330/.369 OPS .699 sOPS + 102).

2020-2021 Splits against starters:

LH SP: 19-1 

RH SP: 33-37

1 minute ago, SonofaRoache said:

Teams do this every year. We all know who the frauds are before they turn into pumpkins. Cleveland is next. 

Then there are unexpected ones...Atlanta can't get out of their own way, luckily for them, the NL East seems to all be around 500.

Just now, greg775 said:

I just KNEW after Sox scored eight in the first they wouldn't score again. Why is baseball so weird and maddening? I'll take the easy win, but baseball drives me crazy.

I mean, at that point as long as the Royals aren't scoring either, you probably are having difficulty attaining the same level of focus, desire, and intensity. The game feels over and you just want to formalize the W. Maybe it shouldn't be like that, but it makes sense to me. 

• Like 1