5/8/21 Chicago White Sox @ Kansas City 6:10 PM CDT

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

With 6 games against the Twins over the next week and a half, the Sox have an opportunity to absolutely bury them before May is over. Might be catching them at a good time too.

Yep...get out the broom tomorrow...then get a shovel for the Twinkies.

14 minutes ago, wegner said:

Damn that is a nice DP to end it.

Lynn seems to pitch the same whether it's 1-0 or 8-0...I'm not sure he's not our #1 in the playoffs.

Him or Rodon honestly, depending on the matchup. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

With 6 games against the Twins over the next week and a half, the Sox have an opportunity to absolutely bury them before May is over. Might be catching them at a good time too.

Yeah, they really need Buxton and they lost him at an absolutely brutal time. I had no interest in seeing him against the white sox

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Missed the game for mother's Day stuff, can someone help me understand why kopech was pitching in an 8-1 game?

Sounded like a planned outing, regardless of the score. He pitched in the bullpen after his appearance, DJ was discussing working on the slider.

He is likely to start one of the doubleheader games this Friday.

3 hours ago, fathom said:

Yermin seems to not be enjoying May as much as April.  If nothing else, he kept the offense afloat when a lot of others were struggling early.

I usually don't comment on a players demeanor but I'm getting a vibe like he's big leaguing it now. All the gold chains, trotting down the 1st base line on a GB to 2nd and he's getting a bit swing happy, in a little slump because he 's been down 0-2 , 1-2 a lot and not having better AB's like he did earlier. It's just a bit of bad baseball luck that you run into where every pitch you take is a strike on the black . Or put another way how the heck can Grandal walk this much when he isn't hitting ?  You'd think it would be easy for an MLB pitcher to just throw strikes to a guy hitting .120 and challenge him but somehow some way one is getting down 0-2 a lot and the other is up 2-0 all the time.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

8 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Sounded like a planned outing, regardless of the score. He pitched in the bullpen after his appearance, DJ was discussing working on the slider.

He is likely to start one of the doubleheader games this Friday.

Oh man I hope it's the 7:00 game. That's going to be my first game this season and in like almost 2 years...like most of us. If Kopech starts...will be worth the wait. Really, if any of these guys started I wouldn't be mad. That's how amazing this rotation is. 

9 hours ago, ron883 said:

Him or Rodon honestly, depending on the matchup. 

I don't think Rodon will be in the rotation at the end of the season. It's been 5 years since he even pitched 160 innings. The last 2 years it's been 34 and 7 innings respectively. As I very said all along I think their plan is to have kopech take his spot toward the end of the year. It was an easy choice when the season started but nobody thought Rodon would pitch lime this.

Its going to make a for a really crazy transition and everyone will freak out ala the Strasburg situation.

10 hours ago, wegner said:

Damn that is a nice DP to end it.

Lynn seems to pitch the same whether it's 1-0 or 8-0...I'm not sure he's not our #1 in the playoffs.

Even the KC announcers were babbling about the great DP Anderson turned.

4 minutes ago, oldsox said:

Vaughn's first inning double probably should have been caught.

Maybe. It was anything but routine though. Super high, deep fly ball, Benintendi running back, ball was drifting, outfielder anticipating the wall. 

10 hours ago, maxjusttyped said:

I like Vaughn and think he has a great future. But come on . . .  He was 1 for 5 and the double was catchable. A perfect example of someone using an questionable stat “hard-hit” to see what they want to see . 

Let’s say it this way: Vaughn was 1 for 5 with no strike outs.

29 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I don't think Rodon will be in the rotation at the end of the season. It's been 5 years since he even pitched 160 innings. The last 2 years it's been 34 and 7 innings respectively. As I very said all along I think their plan is to have kopech take his spot toward the end of the year. It was an easy choice when the season started but nobody thought Rodon would pitch lime this.

Its going to make a for a really crazy transition and everyone will freak out ala the Strasburg situation.

They might have to go with a six man rotation or limit Rodon starts to five innings to get him to the end of the season.

I’m sure Boras Corp is on the case formulating suggestions.