5/8/21 Chicago White Sox @ Kansas City 6:10 PM CDT

18 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I'm still trying to figure out why Goodwin isn't up yet over Hamilton. 

I think as a late inning PR/D-replacement, Hamilton has it over Goodwin by a wide margin.  However, if needed, Goodwin should be called up over Williams. 

But I'm also wondering just what else does Mendick have to do to prove he's so much more valuable than Lamb.

11 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I usually don't comment on a players demeanor but I'm getting a vibe like he's big leaguing it now. All the gold chains, trotting down the 1st base line on a GB to 2nd and he's getting a bit swing happy, in a little slump because he 's been down 0-2 , 1-2 a lot and not having better AB's like he did earlier. It's just a bit of bad baseball luck that you run into where every pitch you take is a strike on the black . Or put another way how the heck can Grandal walk this much when he isn't hitting ?  You'd think it would be easy for an MLB pitcher to just throw strikes to a guy hitting .120 and challenge him but somehow some way one is getting down 0-2 a lot and the other is up 2-0 all the time.

I sense it too.  Yermin needs to sharpen his discipline and focus like he was in April.  He's swinging at a lot more junk lately; too aggressive.