5/8/21 And That's A White Sox Can of Whup Ass

Game was somewhat "boring" after the Top of the First, though it was good to see solid performances from the staff, and Mendick playing RF which will hopefully stabilize his place on the team and give him more ways to contribute.

I'll hope to keep the win streak going tomorrow with the Sunday Game Thread.

Go Sox!!!

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Game was somewhat "boring" after the Top of the First, though it was good to see solid performances from the staff, and Mendick playing RF which will hopefully stabilize his place on the team and give him more ways to contribute.

I'll hope to keep the win streak going tomorrow with the Sunday Game Thread.

Go Sox!!!

Good job ! Kind of sad the winners thread is ignored . Mendick with a 2 run HR was unexpected but sweet in his 1st start in RF. Nice to see a HR from an OFer for a change. Pitching from Lynn fantastic . Bullpen was solid . Hung a snowman in the 1st and cruised to an easy win. Sweep it up it tomorrow SSHM.

• Thanks 3

I'm posting just to keep the winners thread relevant. We have to not take wins for granted.

I listened to first inning on radio and watched innings 5-9 on TV. Great win. The Royals announcers were impressed with Sox ability to hit with two strikes and to not rely on home runs. I think a lot of people are noticing the HR or K mentality in baseball today and like to point it out when guys are stroking the ball oppo field for singles once in a while.

I was hoping Jose A would homer in the first in his second at bat to make it an 11-run inning. Nice win Sox.

• Like 2

We’ve given up two runs in the last four games.  Wow.  

if we keep pounding the Royals like this Soxtalk might need to...well, discount every win against the Royals since they’re a team we’re beating up on.  But I’m enjoying being at the top of mlb in every statistical category.  Keep it rolling, injuries be damned.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

We’ve given up two runs in the last four games.  Wow.  

if we keep pounding the Royals like this Soxtalk might need to...well, discount every win against the Royals since they’re a team we’re beating up on.  But I’m enjoying being at the top of mlb in every statistical category.  Keep it rolling, injuries be damned.

In the past few years, KC has always given the Sox trouble even when they're bad. Beating the Royals and other division rivals is essential. You can't win the division if you don't.

7 hours ago, greg775 said:

I'm posting just to keep the winners thread relevant. We have to not take wins for granted.

I listened to first inning on radio and watched innings 5-9 on TV. Great win. The Royals announcers were impressed with Sox ability to hit with two strikes and to not rely on home runs. I think a lot of people are noticing the HR or K mentality in baseball today and like to point it out when guys are stroking the ball oppo field for singles once in a while.

I was hoping Jose A would homer in the first in his second at bat to make it an 11-run inning. Nice win Sox.

The Royals won a WS with that approach, so KC announcers would be aware of when they see it.  11 would have been a nice number, but is it crooked?  Gotta feel for the nice crowd in the stands when their team is down 8 by the time they get comfy in their seats. Talk about boring.