Sox #1 in the majors in run differential

harkness99

5 hours ago, ejm3 said:

My bad, Bummer should have been on here but he isn't a FA until '27. Grandal is not on here for obvious reasons because he cant be a FA soon enough. He has the highest contract on this team and unfortunately it's not up until 2024. Rodon and Lynn are FA's and that will be important to keep both of them, provided Rodon stays healthy and keeps this up. Lynn is the key one because Hahn gave away a young future talented pitcher in Dane Dunning to get Lynn. 

Btw, how brilliant was Theo for the Cubs? Yes he won the '16 WS, but he never tied up any of his core players with Rizzo, Bryant, Contreras and Baez all being FA's in 2022 and probably all leaving. Btw, Hahn has only had the total decision making power since the start of the rebuild and in year 4 which was last year and year 5 this year, I think he has put a great team together to contend for several years...with many all locked up. Whether it's brilliant or not..it surely deserves more credit than you are giving him. 

Except he really doesn't have control anymore.  Eaton and Lynn, 100% TLR adds/suggestions.

If he actually did have that power, LaRussa wouldn't be manager, someone like Hinch or Bruce Bochy would.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Quin said:

From Reddit:

i0b9dffou3y61.jpg

Thanks for sharing this, helps some folks see that our run differential is made up of both a good offense AND good pitching.

But this graphic is also killing me that the "best" quadrant is bottom-right, not positioned in the top-right. Creator needs to flip that X axis!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

Thanks for sharing this, helps some folks see that our run differential is made up of both a good offense AND good pitching.

But this graphic is also killing me that the "best" quadrant is bottom-right, not positioned in the top-right. Creator needs to flip that X axis!

Sox are only team that is > 0.5 runs better than average at both.

And Detroit .  . . wow.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Except he really doesn't have control anymore.  Eaton and Lynn, 100% TLR adds/suggestions.

If he actually did have that power, LaRussa wouldn't be manager, someone like Hinch or Bruce Bochy would.

As far as Eaton and Lynn go and I wont debate Eaton has he isn't worth the energy. I think Lance Lynn was all Hahn. Just because Lynn played for TLR many years ago, doesn't mean TLR called Hahn and told him to trade for Lynn. Texas openly was trying to trade Lynn to any suiters. since Lyn was going into his year before being a FA. Hahn just stepped in knowing he was all in to win the world series and figured trading Dunning was worth it to get a accomplished solid starter. 

Just because LaRussa is the manager doesn't mean Rick H lost his decision making power. We all know this was Jerry's pompous and senile decision to make good to his buddy for a horrible decision Jerry made 35 yrs ago not stopping Hawk from firing Tony in the first place. Let's not be naïve and think Hahn didn't have a long conversation to attempt to talk Jerry out of this buffoon idea. In the end, if the owner orders you to hire TLR, then you need to hire him no matter how insanely absurd it is. I truly believe that if this wasn't pushed down his throat, Hinch or Bochy would be the manager today.

2 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Early returns on Detroit's rebuild are brutal. Hate to see it. 

The real keys are Torkelson, Riley Greene and Manning...but Mize has definitely underwhelmed, Skubal, too.

Boyd will undoubtedly fetch back something nice but unlikely amazing at the deadline.

Hinch must be wondering if he really knew what he was getting into...likely gets one more final shot after this with another team.

16 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

The real keys are Torkelson, Riley Greene and Manning...but Mize has definitely underwhelmed, Skubal, too.

Boyd will undoubtedly fetch back something nice but unlikely amazing at the deadline.

Hinch must be wondering if he really knew what he was getting into...likely gets one more final shot after this with another team.

I think you're grossly underestimating the shelf life of a MLB manager. Even if Detroit burns under his watch, he'll get another shot... and another... and another. Might be a stint as a bench coach in there, but teams love "World Series experience" on the resume of managerial retreads.

1 hour ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

yeah good try on that graphic.. but it's poorly designed.