5/9 Chicago White Sox @ Kansas City Royals 1:10 PM CDT

15 minutes ago, zisk said:

Mendick mania. Put him at short and Anderson to CF. Too bad TA is a star already. 2-3 years ago it could have happened

Might make sense vs lefties but I think it would require Anderson bringing it up.

29 minutes ago, zisk said:

Mendick mania. Put him at short and Anderson to CF. Too bad TA is a star already. 2-3 years ago it could have happened

Mendick’s range and arm strength would make him a below average everyday SS.  He’s fine for covering 7-10 days. Better than Madrigal, but that’s not really the point.  

Probably a notch behind Leury (arm especially), but then Mendick offensively seems the better option, although TLR would likely go with Furcalito over Danny.

Edited by caulfield12

17 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Right guys, right positions, wrong order.

Agreed! Interesting that of the 12 hits last night, everyone got at least one hit except for Grandal. Granted he walked 4 times, but I guess his .122 BA allowed him to jump to 5th in the order ahead of Mercedes. Must be TLR wants Grandal for more protection for Abreu over Mercedes! lol

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, ejm3 said:

Agreed! Interesting that of the 12 hits last night, everyone got at least one hit except for Grandal. Granted he walked 4 times, but I guess his .122 BA allowed him to jump to 5th in the order ahead of Mercedes. Must be TLR wants Grandal for more protection for Abreu over Mercedes! lol

A 9-1 win in which the guy that didn't make an out 80% of the time moving up in the order draws the ire of a Sox fan.  Yikes.

Go Sox!  See if Giolito can find his fucking release point today.

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

A 9-1 win in which the guy that didn't make an out 80% of the time moving up in the order draws the ire of a Sox fan.  Yikes.

I think you nailed what's going on with Giolito. 

8 minutes ago, pcq said:

No need for Grandal to start every day. Collins deserves one third at least. 

For catchers, their matchup with pitchers is important, more so than say platoon advantage / hitting concerns for 1 of 9 in the lineup.

Still a small sample, but Lucas and Rodon appear more comfortable pitching to Collins (Lucas game calling - split with McCann even more pronounced & Collins’ ability to handle Rodon’s ability slider); whereas it appears the other three pitchers can do Ok with Grandal.

Pitcher ERA by catcher:

Lucas: Collins 3.38 vs. Grandal 5.85.

Rodon: Collins 0.43 vs. Grandal 0.90.

Keuchel: Grandal caught every game.

Lynn: Collins 0.00 vs. Grandal 1.80.

Cease: Grandal 2.14 vs. Collins 2.89.

Lucas didn’t mesh well with Grandal last year either, with McCann 2.61 and Grandal 5.66.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Wasn't ire or anger at all, I believe I said with sarcasm the word "interesting". Was more about pointing out the obvious about our senile manager. 

30 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

For catchers, their matchup with pitchers is important, more so than say platoon advantage / hitting concerns for 1 of 9 in the lineup.

Still a small sample, but Lucas and Rodon appear more comfortable pitching to Collins (Lucas game calling - split with McCann even more pronounced & Collins’ ability to handle Rodon’s ability slider); whereas it appears the other three pitchers can do Ok with Grandal.

Pitcher ERA by catcher:

Lucas didn’t mesh well with Grandal last year either, with McCann 2.61 and Grandal 5.66.

This is ridiculous.  Giolito's is one bad start. That was on Grandal? And Rodons ERA is below 1.00 with Grandal and he is more comfortable with someone else? 

The Grandal is so bad train is off the rails.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

This is ridiculous.  Giolito's is one bad start. That was on Grandal? And Rodons ERA is below 1.00 with Grandal and he is more comfortable with someone else? 

The Grandal is so bad train is off the rails.

Your hyperbole and misrepresentation of my post trolling for likes is absurd.

Where did I say Grandal is “so bad”?

I gave my reasons for why Collins is a better fit with Lucas (he has never clicked with Grandal) and Rodon (Collins is better at handling his slider, Rodon can be comfortable throwing it vs. worrying about Grandal ole’ing it.

7 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Pitcher ERA by catcher:

Excellent points here. I would much rather have Collins catching since he does catch our pitchers better. I think it's more important to give up hitting in 1 of 9 spots. What matchup are you gaining when Grandal has 7 hits in 58 AB's this season and only 3 of them against a left hand pitcher? It's not like Collins can't hit lefty's as his last home run was against a lefty?

• Thanks 1