5/9 Chicago White Sox @ Kansas City Royals 1:10 PM CDT

Minor throws so many damn offspeed pitches, you just had a feeling Sox hitters might struggle.  We’ll see, but lifetime numbers against him aren’t that encouraging.

Lucas seems to have lost all the swagger of 2019-20.  Now he just lost a count that started out 0-2 to walkmaster Santana.

Edited by caulfield12

1 minute ago, Tony said:

I don’t care how good the rest of the starters are going, if Gio isn’t the Gio we know, the Sox aren’t going anywhere. 

They need to figure this out, ASAP. 

Kinda like how Mercedes has carried Abreu.  We know Rodon has carried Giolito, but it’s foolish to think it will continue all season.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Kinda like how Mercedes has carried Abreu.  We know Rodon has carried Giolito, but it’s foolish to think it will continue all season.

And it’s fine that it happened thus far. Happens all the time where stars under perform, it’s up to the other guys to pick up the slack. 

But at some point the stars needs to act like stars. Everyone struggles, but this is getting concerning. 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Well, if this is the real Cease...maybe.

But beating Cole, Severino and Kluber seems pretty challenging unless Jimenez and Robert are both 100%.

8 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Using catcher ERA when 1 bad start makes all the difference is ridiculous.  Are you saying Gio would have not had a bad start if Collins caught him vs Boston? And I personally feel a CERA of 0.90 is pretty good. It would indicate to me the pitcher is pretty comfortable with the catcher. Since Grandal has been on base 13 times his last 4 games the haters have to find something I guess, no matter how ridiculous it is.

“Haters”, or people who actually know the game. Apparently the best GM in the game is a “buffoon” for sitting his ass in the postseason, as is Steve Stone and others who have pointed out his clear weaknesses.  

Just now, Tony said:

And it’s fine that it happened thus far. Happens all the time where stars under perform, it’s up to the other guys to pick up the slack. 

But at some point the stars needs to act like stars. Everyone struggles, but this is getting concerning. 

Seems like he had an extra 2 mph on those high fastballs last year 

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Seems like he had an extra 2 mph on those high fastballs last year 

Or even 3-4 mph at times.  But there was life/spin rate/extension/explosiveness to his pitches.  Still searching or feeling for every pitch, seemingly.  Just not comfortable on the mound right now.

Edited by caulfield12

8 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

I think Giolito might be washed up. On wait a minute he gets a double play so never mind

Lol cmon man, you are overly positive to a point where you ignore reality often time. It's ridiculous seeing you mock people who are on the other side of the aisle (pessimists). 

Edited by ron883
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Using catcher ERA when 1 bad start makes all the difference is ridiculous.  Are you saying Gio would have not had a bad start if Collins caught him vs Boston? And I personally feel a CERA of 0.90 is pretty good. It would indicate to me the pitcher is pretty comfortable with the catcher. Since Grandal has been on base 13 times his last 4 games the haters have to find something I guess, no matter how ridiculous it is.

Remember, when pitchers have command problems or fading velocity that’s 100% on Yasmani.

3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

“Haters”, or people who actually know the game. Apparently the best GM in the game is a “buffoon” for sitting his ass in the postseason, as is Steve Stone and others who have pointed out his clear weaknesses.  

Thanks for proving my point.