Twins series

flavum

I don't get amped up watching this team beat up on AAAA KC, Cincinnati, or AAA Detroit.

I don't get excited about this team being rated in the Top 3 of power rankings, after having beaten turd teams.

I WOULD like this team to up their game against better competition. Here's their chance to prove their mettle, coming up against the twins and the yankmees [with lightweights KC and Baltimore sprinkled in for good measure].

White Sox Nation expects that every man will do his duty. Let's see it.

• Haha 1

Twins could beat us with a home run or two, even in a relatively well-pitched low-scoring game. That is what worries me.

Vaughn has to start hitting home runs.  I think Mendick might have another home run for us in this series. He looked hungry.

Mercedes looks like he is going to go on another tear. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, tray said:

Twins could beat us with a home run or two, even in a relatively well-pitched low-scoring game. That is what worries me.

Vaughn has to start hitting home runs.  I think Mendick might have another home run for us in this series. He looked hungry.

Mercedes looks like he is going to go on another tear. 

Vaughn is fine, he has shown he can be major league average to slightly above in LF at a new position he had never played going into this year, all the while putting up this line after his first 3 career games .300/.377/.417 even taking into account his first three games he is positive across all aspects of the game including base running and has a 108wRC+. The home runs will come.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, beautox said:

Vaughn is fine, he has shown he can be major league average to slightly above in LF at a new position he had never played going into this year, all the while putting up this line after his first 3 career games .300/.377/.417 even taking into account his first three games he is positive across all aspects of the game including base running and has a 108wRC+. The home runs will come.

Vaughn has really surprised me with his athleticism.  Actually looks good in the outfield and has made all the plays expected of him and then some.  Not at all worried about his hitting for power.  By mid-year, he will be killing it IMO.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Vaughn has really surprised me with his athleticism.  Actually looks good in the outfield and has made all the plays expected of him and then some.  Not at all worried about his hitting for power.  By mid-year, he will be killing it IMO.

I don’t know why but every time I see Vaughn, a Mike Sweeney comp pops into my head. That would be a pretty good outcome obviously, so let’s hope he can live up to my arbitrary comp. 😀

Edited by GermanSoxFan

1 hour ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

I don't get amped up watching this team beat up on AAAA KC, Cincinnati, or AAA Detroit.

I don't get excited about this team being rated in the Top 3 of power rankings, after having beaten turd teams.

I WOULD like this team to up their game against better competition. Here's their chance to prove their mettle, coming up against the twins and the yankmees [with lightweights KC and Baltimore sprinkled in for good measure].

White Sox Nation expects that every man will do his duty. Let's see it.

I personally won’t be impressed until the Sox start winning games they lose.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

I don’t know why but every time I see Vaughn, a Mike Sweeney comp pops into my head. That would be a pretty good outcome obviously, so let’s hope he can live up to my arbitrary comp. 😀

God I hated Mike Sweeney so much. Dude was SUCH a pain in the ass on what were almost always awful Royals teams...

14 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

A career like Sweeney's would work for me.

27 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

I hate Mike Sweeney. Nothing personal but he owned us. His numbers during his era aren't that good though. I like Goldschmidt for the comp without Goldschmidt's speed from earlier in his career.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, raBBit said:

I hate Mike Sweeney. Nothing personal but he owned us. His numbers during his era aren't that good though. I like Goldschmidt for the comp without Goldschmidt's speed from earlier in his career.

Mike Sweeney absolutely killed us offensively when he was a Royal...then when we get him outta there...along comes Cy Chen twisting our hitters in knots for years.  I generally just dislike the Royals, but I hear the stadium is great.

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Except Sweeney started out as a catcher...but yeah, even at 1-3, you take those career and (relatively) lower than ideal power numbers.  Not sure he ever becomes the most popular franchise player though for 5-7 years, like Sweeney in KC or Konerko with the White Sox.  Of course, a lot more talented players to choose from with this Sox team.

4 hours ago, GermanSoxFan said:

a right handed JD Drew

4 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Well if they spread the off days we wouldn't have 28 games in 27 days after getting 3 off in a week. 

It was like: off day, 13 in a row, off day, 14 in a row, off day(going off memory and would have to go back and check the exact totals).   But two DHs just messed it up.  The 28 games have off days bookended and in the middle 

3 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Except Sweeney started out as a catcher...but yeah, even at 1-3, you take those career and (relatively) lower than ideal power numbers.  Not sure he ever becomes the most popular franchise player though for 5-7 years, like Sweeney in KC or Konerko with the White Sox.  Of course, a lot more talented players to choose from with this Sox team.

You raise an interesting subject about favorite franchise players.  Today there are 8 or 9 players who would qualify for that favorite player title with some number of fans...maybe more.  Seldom does a team have more than a couple of those types of hometown heroes at any one time.  We are in the early stages of something very special indeed.