Sox sweep KC; winners thread

greg775

1 hour ago, DoUEvenShift said:

This may not be scientific but Gio is a southern Cali guy. He may just be having a rougher time with the cold.

Just checked his splits and he had a rough start in early 2019 before he went on to be amazing the rest of the season. Obviously last year we started in the Summer so can't really compare. I'd give it another month or so before I start to worry.

gio_2019.png

Good point. Thanks for the chart. Another unscientific question….does his current compact delivery seem more exaggerated (for lack of a better word) than it was even at the beginning of current season? I actually didn’t see this game, but watching the highlights it really appeared to be very noticeably ultra-compacted. Camera angle?

4 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I'm still relatively new here, but when did the tradition of creating a second thread after the game thread begin after a White Sox win?

I'm not sure what happened on WSI, but I believe there was just one thread for pre game, in game and post game, also archived like it is here.

Not sure if a blowout win or loss warrants a lot of discussion, many people turn off an 8-0 game, whether their team is winning or losing.

A close game leads to more discussion. Controversial decisions or statements like the "Cinco de Mistakes Game" will blow up the discussion.

I thought we did winners threads and didn't see one so I started it for good luck, figuring we as a board forgot the 'that's a winner' thread.

• Like 1