Official A's Relocation Thread

soxfan49

On 5/15/2021 at 1:50 PM, Texsox said:

San Antonio is the largest city without a MLB or NFL team. Great early season weather and will draw from the Austin area. 

I'd love a team in Central Texas. Don't care if it's SA or Austin. I hate having to drive 3 hours just to see a MLB game. 

46 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I'd love a team in Central Texas. Don't care if it's SA or Austin. I hate having to drive 3 hours just to see a MLB game. 

Austin would be cool but already have a few teams in Texas.

To me, with the NFL and NHL already making the move, and with gambling advertisers taking over the MLB, Vegas is the move. No realignment needed. The Vegas people really seem to support the Knights. Tourism will carry the team.

If the A's moved to Vegas, I would go to Vegas every year for the Sox series if the timing worked out. 

On 6/18/2021 at 11:20 AM, raBBit said:

Austin would be cool but already have a few teams in Texas.

To me, with the NFL and NHL already making the move, and with gambling advertisers taking over the MLB, Vegas is the move. No realignment needed. The Vegas people really seem to support the Knights. Tourism will carry the team.

If the A's moved to Vegas, I would go to Vegas every year for the Sox series if the timing worked out. 

July in Vegas is pretty sweet. I got married there. It was 115 degrees. But a dry heat. 

35 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

July in Vegas is pretty sweet. I got married there. It was 115 degrees. But a dry heat. 

First time I went was August. Got up to 118. Had to walk to the pool with sandals on. I’d imagine they’d have some sort of roof or temp control. 

9 minutes ago, raBBit said:

First time I went was August. Got up to 118. Had to walk to the pool with sandals on. I’d imagine they’d have some sort of roof or temp control. 

, There is no way it won’t be indoors. Maybe a retractable, but that is a pretty stiff expense for a few games a year.

• 4 weeks later...

I went to an A’s game in Oakland a few years ago. I was surprised at how decent the stadium experience was. Clearly a football stadium masquerading as a baseball stadium, but overall not bad.

Outside the stadium was abysmal. We came in from SF on the train, and it is barren. I’d like to see them stay, though. It’s a club with a good history.