5/11/21 Minnesota Twins @ Chicago White Sox 7:10 PM CDT

29 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I doubt Cruz cared much at that point down 0-2, down 6 runs. He made no attempt at it .He probably just said to himself down 0-2 probably will throw a ball and if he aces me IDGAF.

I don't think many players think this way. Every at bat is a chance to improve your stats which all guys care about. Stats = legacy and $$$. They don't just throw away ABs.

Edited by ron883
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ron883 said:

I don't think many players think this way. Every at bat is a chance to improve your stats which all guys care about. Stats = legacy and $$$. They don't just throw away ABs.

Down 0-2 down 6 runs a guy like Cruz might. I mean look at it again . He didn't move a muscle.Likely was expecting a waste pitch or a breaking pitch out of the zone like the high sliders he was swinging through earlier or a curve in the dirt. He already had a couple hits up the middle.

6 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Down 0-2 down 6 runs a guy like Cruz might. I mean look at it again . He didn't move a muscle.Likely was expecting a waste pitch or a breaking pitch out of the zone like the high sliders he was swinging through earlier or a curve in the dirt. He already had a couple hits up the middle.

Ruiz was throwing gas last night, maybe Cruz wasn't clutch moment locked in but I think you're underestimating how solid Ruiz looked there in the 9th yesterday

• Like 1

8 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

They really need to take away his mitt. Not sure he can even be good at 1B. The open question is can he successfully bat as a DH, many players can't make that transition.

That is the thing that scares me about Eloy.  He seems to have a ridiculous energy level.  Making him DH and sit on the bench 99% of the game almost seems destined to have a negative affect on his hitting.  But playing him in the outfield seems destined to take 5 or more seasons away from his career as well.  No good answer for Eloy.

• Like 1