5/11/21 -Crochet's First ML Win - White Sox 9 Minnesota 3

This is a really really good team, they will be contenders for the next few years but guess what, we aren't gonna win every damn game. I hate reading negative comments, especially so early in a game. 

/rant

Great game, let's do it again tomorrow!

Edited by MexSoxFan#1
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

I keep saying it but it's insane how much talent this team has.  The Twins' radio crew was like "and here is now the Sox' 'mopup' guy Ruiz, who uh, comes out at 97-98 throwing strikes".  Andrew fucking Vaughn just keep taking his walks.  And Grandal's bat is dangerous, which is why he is rocking a 108 wRC+ despite horrible BABIP luck.  And how about that changeup call to Cease in the 5th and then the massive fist bump?

Dude wants to win and is contributing, this team has rich man problems.

• Fire 4

32 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

I kniw the final score is misleading since it was a close game throughout, but I love a blowout win after some posters threw in the towel in the second inning.

LOL what else is new ? Plenty threw in the towel on the season after the Robert injury . Tony's Boys Don't Quit ?

The Rookies did pretty well Mercedes, Vaughn and Madrigal combined 3/8, 3BB, RS and RBI while Crochet got the  Sox out of a jam in the 6th in a 3-3 game and picked up his 1st MLB win.

BP did a great job , Abreu HR, Tim 2 hits , RBI . Eaton getting going again after playing hurt for a while 2 hits, RBI. Grandal with the 3 run bomb after the Sox fall behind 3 -0. Beeee utiful !

My only concern coming out of the game was Abreu, and good to hear he should be OK.

That said, would like to see him and others rotate coming out late in games with larger leads. Beyond Tony's fixation on replacing Vaughn in the 7th, the core is playing nearly every game / inning. Jose hasn't had a game off since 2019 (played 159 that season). Liked the flexibilty and creativeness covering for Eaton, wouldn't mind Jose DHing or possibly having a day off at some point with the heavy schedule coming up.

51 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Will return mid afternoon tomorrow to create the game thread tomorrow. Go Sox!!!

Ride the hot hand, man. Ride the hot hand.

26 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I keep saying it but it's insane how much talent this team has.  The Twins' radio crew was like "and here is now the Sox' 'mopup' guy Ruiz, who uh, comes out at 97-98 throwing strikes".  Andrew fucking Vaughn just keep taking his walks.  And Grandal's bat is dangerous, which is why he is rocking a 108 wRC+ despite horrible BABIP luck.  And how about that changeup call to Cease in the 5th and then the massive fist bump?

Dude wants to win and is contributing, this team has rich man problems.

And now we're beginning to see power. In a few weeks we get to trade Jake Lamb for Adam Engel.

And then later in the year we get Eloy and Robert.

This team is fun.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

My only concern coming out of the game was Abreu, and good to hear he should be OK.

That said, would like to see him and others rotate coming out late in games with larger leads. Beyond Tony's fixation on replacing Vaughn in the 7th, the core is playing nearly every game / inning. Jose hasn't had a game off since 2019 (played 159 that season). Liked the flexibilty and creativeness covering for Eaton, wouldn't mind Jose DHing or possibly having a day off at some point with the heavy schedule coming up.

TLR took out Moncada and Grandal early last week that let them play the next day during the day tbf

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, YoYoIsMyHero said:

TLR took out Moncada and Grandal early last week that let them play the next day during the day tbf

Yes, I remember. Would like to see that continue, and also add Jose to the mix, especially when he's clearly hurting.  

Just thinking about the long term, need the core ready for 185ish games.  

34 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

He should DH Jose a game or 2 and play Grandal/Collins/Vaughn at 1B 

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Eh Jose wants to play 1st ever game let him he's earned it, he was show limping at the end there, for the umps and other team more than anything else.

He can suck it up and DH a couple games to keep him fresh. He's smart enough to know this, and wouldn't question TLR. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Are you angry at Mercedes because you didn't bet on him to win ROY ? Would never have expected you to say replace Mercedes with Abreu !

The reason Yermin isn't in that list for 1B is because he's catching 

avatars-000446564850-g4n82o-t240x240.jpg

Edited by ron883

That pitch hit Jose in a bad spot even though it was offspeed. I bet u he'll have a pretty nasty bruise and has to be considered questionable. You saw it hit him right below the knee I think. It hit a bone which means a bruise.

Great win. Lots of heroes again which is always nice. I was glad to see a lot of different guys get big hits. And pitching was good again. Like everybody was saying in the game thread, it's "usually" the Sox imploding vs. the Twins, not vice versa. I loved that double and error that got kicked around a bit in the outfield by Minnie. Also we lit up that one reliever pretty well. They usually do that to the Sox.

Edited by greg775