5/11/21 -Crochet's First ML Win - White Sox 9 Minnesota 3

Yerminator shouldn't catch and should play 1B if Abreu DHs.  Yerminator had a great night of ABs tonight.  He's starting to learn to lay off a bunch that horseshit outside of the zone and take a walk and when he learns that he is really going to be dangerous.  Can't take his bat out of the lineup especially now.  So start Yerminator at 1B and sit Madrigal.  Put Mendick at 2B so he can actually make proper throws to 1B.  I have confidence Yerminator can spot start there as long as Madrigal is not feeding him the ball.

1 minute ago, YourWhatHurts said:

Yerminator shouldn't catch and should play 1B if Abreu DHs.  Yerminator had a great night of ABs tonight.  He's starting to learn to lay off a bunch that horseshit outside of the zone and take a walk and when he learns that he is really going to be dangerous.  Can't take his bat out of the lineup especially now.  So start Yerminator at 1B and sit Madrigal.  Put Mendick at 2B so he can actually make proper throws to 1B.  I have confidence Yerminator can spot start there as long as Madrigal is not feeding him the ball.

My prediction is we see everyone where they are supposed to be tomorrow .

I was a little worried when the Sox went down 3 after some crappy defense and Cease struggling.  Grandal's HR was the turning point of the game, I think.  Many Sox teams in the past would have folded, especially against the Twins.

After Cease's bit of struggling, he calmed down and looked really sharp again.  This was very encouraging to see.  I do think he has figured something out.

It was nice to see Crochet come in and deliver in a pressure situation.  The K to end the 6th was awesome, and that slider was absolute filth.  If he's going to sit in the upper 90s with his fastball, yesterday's performance is how he needs to use it, along with the offspeed stuff.

Offense looked good again.  Abreu is heating up, hopefully.  Yermin continues to hit the damn ball.  And TA is becoming one of the best hitters in baseball.

This team is fun to watch.

7 hours ago, YoYoIsMyHero said:

Electric game. 20-13 now with the best AL win %. Let's keep it going tomorrow, and put Jose in DH to give his calf a break.

Watching MLBN Quick Pitch and they just declared Oakland and Boston as co-best record in the AL. They need to check their math.

I'm mildly annoyed that Moncada is hitting frozen ropes all over the field lately and they're going right at people. 

He still has a BABIP over .300 with all of the bad luck he has lately which is insane. 

Beginning to think that he's being negatively affected more than most by the de-juiced ball. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Old Cease would have started spiraling and throwing non-competitive pitches after that tough-luck inning.  Not Cease 2.0.  I really think that returning to the curve and aiming it high has given him renewed confidence in his other pitches.  Whatever it is it looks like he's turning a corner, which would be unbelievably good news for this team.

• Like 2

Just now, 35thstreetswarm said:

Old Cease would have started spiraling and throwing non-competitive pitches after that tough-luck inning.  Not Cease 2.0.  I really think that returning to the curve and aiming it high has given him renewed confidence in his other pitches.  Whatever it is it looks like he's turning a corner, which would be unbelievably good news for this team.

Hawk used to say that it was really hard for RHP with both a curve and slider to have great command of both in the same game. He said that the pitcher in question should go with whichever one is better on that given day and ditch the other one for that particular start. 

5 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Most innings yesterday he had lots of trafic and got out of.  Not his best start but good to see he has that swing and miss stuff this year.

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Hawk used to say that it was really hard for RHP with both a curve and slider to have great command of both in the same game. He said that the pitcher in question should go with whichever one is better on that given day and ditch the other one for that particular start. 

Funny thing with Cease is that he really is using both, and he switches them out based on batter's handedness.  It's fun to watch.

8 minutes ago, zisk said:

Best change up I've ever seen DC throw to strike out tough lefty and end threat. Looked like GC was throwing a bit harder as well.

Nothing to say about Bummer, except he seems to be stuck in auto pilot now.

That was so nasty. Def one of the best pitches I've seen him make, in a big spot too.  Maybe he is turning the corner.

4 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

DJ was calling for Grandal to call the curve more last night, says it's Cease's most effective pitch in terms of staying in the strike zone and being least susceptible to be hit by opposing hitters.

I'm glad White Sox pitchers now have permission to throw a curve ball under Ethan Katz.

3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

DJ was calling for Grandal to call the curve more last night, says it's Cease's most effective pitch in terms of staying in the strike zone and being least susceptible to be hit by opposing hitters.

I'm glad White Sox pitchers now have permission to throw a curve ball under Ethan Katz.

What sucks is that Giolito used to have a great curve, but I don't think it would be as good with his short arm delivery. I'm wondering if he should experiment with a cutter because his slider is completely hit or miss. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

6 hours ago, Quin said:

@Look at Ray Ray Run begins with Rally Crede, followed by a pup parade.

I don't want to mush it. I did have a great picture of her sitting on the couch eyes glued to the TV (game) last night. First time she's ever seen a TV clearly and she had no idea what was happening on it. She was amazed by it. 😅

I'll save the big guns for the big moments unlike some manager we both know!