5/12: Minnesota @ Chicago White Sox 7:10 PM CDT

2 hours ago, Blackout Friday said:

Meh, you predict wrong nobody remembers. Predict right, you brag. Kind of meaningless. 

except for this one:

I predicted the Blackhawks would win the Stanley Cup 3-2 right before the final game on the NHL forum here and that Towes would score a goal. There were down 2-1 ( I think Toewes had the lone goal)  got an empty net goal when they pulled their goalie and then won it 3-2 a minute or less later . I'm sure it can be found somewhere on here. I also was the closest guy on the predict the numbers on Abreu's 1st year. I was so amazingly close I think someone suggested people went back and changed their predictions but I didn't.

2 hours ago, mqr said:

Love the Blue Monday drum sample they’ve worked into the stadium sounds this year

I like it for the trailer for Wonder Woman 84 and it got me all hyped for the movie expecting a good 80's soundtrack . Then I went to see it and there was one 80's song and the movie was terrible, so incredibly bad, filled with a sympathetic villain and  by Wonder woman talking the villain and the world into giving up lol. Sorry for the spoiler if you haven't seen it y'all. And this is coming from a guy who loved the 1st Wonder Woman Movie and even liked Justice League with Wonder Woman in it.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

I said this before but TLR needs to forget about the traditional closers role with Hendriks and just use him like Bummer or something.  The guy obviously needs to get work in and waiting around for a 3 run or less lead in the 9th with this team isn't that appropriate.  Last night he brought in Foster in the 6th I'm a tie but Crochet bailed him out.  Hendriks ended up not pitching and then had to get into garbage time again.  I would rather TLR just pitch his best guys in the tightest spots.  Hold the lead or keep the tie and our offense can always win it.  I mean fuck would you rather want Foster in for a tie in the 6th or with a 3 run lead in the 9th?  Which situation would you rather see Hendriks pitch?

If TLR keeps trying to make Hendriks a traditional closer especially considering the potential of this offense to put up late runs and the potential for the front of the bullpen to give up a lead, Hendriks may never really get going for one, and for two, you're just not taking advantage of one of your best relievers the same way you would take advantage of a guy like Bummer.

8 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

I said this before but TLR needs to forget about the traditional closers role with Hendriks and just use him like Bummer or something.  The guy obviously needs to get work in and waiting around for a 3 run or less lead in the 9th with this team isn't that appropriate.  Last night he brought in Foster in the 6th I'm a tie but Crochet bailed him out.  Hendriks ended up not pitching and then had to get into garbage time again.  I would rather TLR just pitch his best guys in the tightest spots.  Hold the lead or keep the tie and our offense can always win it.  I mean fuck would you rather want Foster in for a tie in the 6th or with a 3 run lead in the 9th?  Which situation would you rather see Hendriks pitch?

If TLR keeps trying to make Hendriks a traditional closer especially considering the potential of this offense to put up late runs and the potential for the front of the bullpen to give up a lead, Hendriks may never really get going for one, and for two, you're just not taking advantage of one of your best relievers the same way you would take advantage of a guy like Bummer.

Pretty sure Hahn wants Hendricks used more effectively as well, in higher leverage situations.

Hell need more work to get his slider over, since hitters are sitting on his fastball and having good success.

Right.  97 in on the hands to a rookie shouldn't be an easy double off of the wall.

7 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Pretty sure Hahn wants Hendricks used more effectively as well, in higher leverage situations.

Hell need more work to get his slider over, since hitters are sitting on his fastball and having good success.

I also on a personal level would like it if Hendriks coming in during a high leverage non save situation would result in him toning down his antics a bit.  Maybe he wouldn't be screaming do much profanity if it's the 7th or 8th.  Maybe that's some people's cup of tea but to me it just looks stupid. Shut up and get the out.  Judging by the contract you just signed, you have nothing to be upset about.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

I also on a personal level would like it if Hendriks coming in during a high leverage non save situation would result in him toning down his antics a bit.  Maybe he wouldn't be screaming do much profanity if it's the 7th or 8th.  Maybe that's some people's cup of tea but to me it just looks stupid. Shut up and get the out.  Judging by the contract you just signed, you have nothing to be upset about.

I don't find it classy whatsoever.  But hey, we're not allowed to say anything about stuff like this anymore.  Thats what the kids want these days, or so I am told by some posters and Manfred acolytes.  If they want to twerk on the mound after a strike out thats A-Okay.

Edited by Green Line
  • Fire 1

41 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

It’s part of what drives him. Bygones be bygones. 

Edited by hi8is
Whatever a bygone is.

5 hours ago, YourWhatHurts said:

Really are you 12? Potty mouth bothers you?

"It’s part of what drives him. Bygones be bygones."

"Really are you 12? Potty mouth bothers you?"

First of all, it's not what "drives" him, it drives his brand. He does it for attention; it's part of his brand. I'm sure at one time it was an occasional expression of excitement or whatever. But the point at which he does it now, it is clearly intentional and something he does for his brand, his image to get people talking about him. 

No, I'm not 12, but I would like to think that families with children under 12 are going to the game and watching on TV, so that is a concern. Whether you are offended or not, it is offensive. Again, it's most offensive because it's a contrived thing to get him notice and promote his brand. Say whatever you want: it is obviously now to the point that he's doing it on purpose. 

And finally, I would be ten thousand times more willing to to accept it if he could actually have a 1-2-3 inning. A few less blown saves and not getting hit a lot like last night would make his "display of emotions" or whatever you want to call it much more acceptable. Guys getting paid 54 million and sucking up should just shut up until they start effectively doing the job they're paid to do. 

7 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

"It’s part of what drives him. Bygones be bygones."

"Really are you 12? Potty mouth bothers you?"

First of all, it's not what "drives" him, it drives his brand. He does it for attention; it's part of his brand. I'm sure at one time it was an occasional expression of excitement or whatever. But the point at which he does it now, it is clearly intentional and something he does for his brand, his image to get people talking about him. 

No, I'm not 12, but I would like to think that families with children under 12 are going to the game and watching on TV, so that is a concern. Whether you are offended or not, it is offensive. Again, it's most offensive because it's a contrived thing to get him notice and promote his brand. Say whatever you want: it is obviously now to the point that he's doing it on purpose. 

And finally, I would be ten thousand times more willing to to accept it if he could actually have a 1-2-3 inning. A few less blown saves and not getting hit a lot like last night would make his "display of emotions" or whatever you want to call it much more acceptable. Guys getting paid 54 million and sucking up should just shut up until they start effectively doing the job they're paid to do. 

He has literally always done it it’s not a brand it’s him. People can do what they want it’s not their job to change for peoples kids. It’s parents jobs to teach them not to do what they see or hear. He gave up two hits after being off for 5 days then struck out the side.  Get over other peoples actions. You can’t control other people.

this is like the people who say heck instead of hell lol 

Edited by Greydawgfan1

6 hours ago, Green Line said:

I don't find it classy whatsoever.  But hey, we're not allowed to say anything about stuff like this anymore.  Thats what the kids want these days, or so I am told by some posters and Manfred acolytes.  If they want to twerk on the mound after a strike out thats A-Okay.

LOL at him twerking on the mound.  He should do that every time after he gives up a bomb.

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic