White Sox Winner! RIP Piranhas!

ron883

5 minutes ago, mqr said:

I don’t think it’s a coincidence the Sox played much worse without TA than either of the obstensibly better players on the shelf. 

TA is by far the vocal leader of this team. Jose just does his thing every night and leads by example. Never see him complain.

Loved seeing Billy having a big game. Speed is fun.

TA just has so much swagger and confidence and it’s infectious. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Nick_Schwam said:

TA is by far the vocal leader of this team. Jose just does his thing every night and leads by example. Never see him complain.

Loved seeing Billy having a big game. Speed is fun.

TA just has so much swagger and confidence and it’s infectious. 

Yes, his best game ever. Nice to see everyone contributing.

https://mobile.twitter.com/whitesox/status/1392706762655125504

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Angel Hernandez, on the other hand, is not..without a doubt.  Man, the umpiring this year has been abysmal.

Hes bad as always. I'll never forget in may 2013 against the marlins. Tie game bases loaded 9th inning, Rios hits a ground ball, beats it out pretty clearly, Angel so far away from 1st base calls out and Hawk was like "cant get himm..OH NO. NO. NO another blown call by Hernandez"

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, hi8is said:

Welcome to Soxtalk!

I've been on for a month or 2. I post just occasionally just when I come up with something neat to say. I have only 2 friends who are sox fans so I gotta discuss somewhere.

Random thoughts on us. Rick Hahn and our scouts are all that and a bag of potato chips, good to see Grandal hit a bomb we need him to be good, I trust all our starting staff now that Rodon has arrived ect

• Like 2

It's almost like Hendriks goes out there and horses around with the first couple hitters before saying (in an Australian accent), "I better get serious, that's for true!"

Another fun game to watch.  The offense just looks dialed in with so much confidence.  I don't think there's any doubt TA is a big part of that confidence.  His swagger and attitude is infectious.

It was great to see Vaughn's HR.  It was a no-doubter, and there will be many more.

Abreu is starting to look like MVPito, both at the plate and in the field.  That over the shoulder catch running out into the outfield was spectacular.  The guy does everything he can to help his team.  A true leader.

12 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

Does feel really good to get over that Twinkies hump, even if it is just for a series.

When they have Buxton in the lineup....and we beat Berrios or take down their closer (Taylor Rogers, with Colome already replaced).  That’s when we can celebrate.

They’re not the same team unless those two guys are on the field, and all the late game collapses have shaken their usually unflappable confidence.

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

When they have Buxton in the lineup....and we beat Berrios or take down their closer (Taylor Rogers, with Colome already replaced).  That’s when we can celebrate.

They’re not the same team unless those two guys are on the field, and all the late game collapses have shaken their usually unflappable confidence.

Point taken. I'd be down with having both teams full strength. There are "two guys" on our side that I wouldn't mind having on the field as well.

• Thanks 1

Only when all of these qualifications are met, will caulfield believe that the Sox are better than the twins (but still have yet to be better than Tatis)

• Like 1

The Sox had an outfield of Vaughn, Hamilton, and Mendick.  Two of the team's best hitters are out for the majority of the season.  Yes, the Twins are missing some pieces, but so are the Sox.  Guess what, the Sox are doing better in adversity than the Twins.

And every damn win needs to be celebrated, especially against AL Central teams.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

The Sox had an outfield of Vaughn, Hamilton, and Mendick.  Two of the team's best hitters are out for the majority of the season.  Yes, the Twins are missing some pieces, but so are the Sox.  Guess what, the Sox are doing better in adversity than the Twins.

And every damn win needs to be celebrated, especially against AL Central teams.

Exactly. Great teams have depth and overcome adversity. You know if the twins were winning without Buxton and others, we would be jealous of their success and complaining that the Sox should be able to win like that.

We are.

Perspective people.