White Sox Winner! RIP Piranhas!

ron883

11 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Every team the Sox have beaten has a worse record than they do. I’m unimpressed.

As the Sox currently have the highest winning percentage in MLB, it would be quite impossible to have played someone with a better record than them.

• Haha 2
  • Fire 3

9 hours ago, ron883 said:

Ozzie has declared the Piranhas dead on post game. Claims they are officially the Guppies now. 

Sox win!

So awesome to crush the Twins and put them 9 games back of us. We now have another #1 stat...best winning % in MLB! It's so much fun watching these guys hit. Sadly the Cubs not beating the Indians the last two games sucks, as we are only one game up on the Indians. 

What concerns me more is why is Evan Marshall still on the team? Another horrific outing. He didn't get a single out. He gave up 1 hit and 2 BB's and although only credited with given up one earned run, he really gave 3 runs. In his 13 outings this season, that was the 7th time he has given up one or more runs in an inning. An occasional bad outing is acceptable, but this is happening way too often. Why are these stats acceptable?: ERA 7.43, in 13 innings, 15 hits, 11BB's and  teams hitting .288 BA against him. His mechanics are all screwed up. He has to be sent down, traded....(fat chance) or put on assignment today and bring someone up.

TLR has done this often this year where he pulls the starter with men on base and does not put the right stopper in to get out of the inning. The bullpen was suppose to be our strength this year. It was rated preseason #1 bullpen by MLB. Too many guys struggling that did well last well. This isn't Katz's fault either. 

Btw, kudos to Ruiz, he is very quietly having a great season. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, "The Kids Can Play" said:

So awesome to crush the Twins and put them 9 games back of us. We now have another #1 stat...best winning % in MLB! It's so much fun watching these guys hit. Sadly the Cubs not beating the Indians the last two games sucks, as we are only one game up on the Indians. 

What concerns me more is why is Evan Marshall still on the team? Another horrific outing. He didn't get a single out. He gave up 1 hit and 2 BB's and although only credited with given up one earned run, he really gave 3 runs. In his 13 outings this season, that was the 7th time he has given up one or more runs in an inning. An occasional bad outing is acceptable, but this is happening way too often. Why are these stats acceptable?: ERA 7.43, in 13 innings, 15 hits, 11BB's and  teams hitting .288 BA against him. His mechanics are all screwed up. He has to be sent down, traded....(fat chance) or put on assignment today and bring someone up.

TLR has done this often this year where he pulls the starter with men on base and does not put the right stopper in to get out of the inning. The bullpen was suppose to be our strength this year. It was rated preseason #1 bullpen by MLB. Too many guys struggling that did well last well. This isn't Katz's fault either. 

Btw, kudos to Ruiz, he is very quietly having a great season. 

It' still early with time to figure it out and no immediate replacement. It's not that concerning....yet.

23 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Every team the Sox have beaten has a worse record than they do. I’m unimpressed.

News Flash! Sox have the best record in baseball and anybody they play will have a worst record. The Sox have to play who is scheduled. Thus far though, we are doing it impressively. If you are unimpressed, then you aren't a true Sox fan or just some casual fan unaware of real baseball facts. The realization which is more likely is you are either a Cubs fan trolling, or the biggest half glass empty contrarian on this forum. 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, "The Kids Can Play" said:

News Flash! Sox have the best record in baseball and anybody they play will have a worst record. The Sox have to play who is scheduled. Thus far though, we are doing it impressively. If you are unimpressed, then you aren't a true Sox fan or just some casual fan unaware of real baseball facts. The realization which is more likely is you are either a Cubs fan trolling, or the biggest half glass empty contrarian on this forum. 

Are you and others really taking his comment seriously?  It was an obvious joke, and I'm assuming it was made to poke fun at the whiners/complainers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

10 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

It' still early with time to figure it out and no immediate replacement. It's not that concerning....yet.

Sorry, we have to agree to disagree, but it is a huge problem. Plus there are people in Charlotte better than him. It wouldn't hurt to send him down and work on his mechanics and pitches. Bring someone up, because frankly they couldn't do any worse than Marshall.

I don't think you be so ok if let's say, he lost the game for us and were didn't have such a huge lead. 

4 minutes ago, "The Kids Can Play" said:

Sorry, we have to agree to disagree, but it is a huge problem. Plus there are people in Charlotte better than him. It wouldn't hurt to send him down and work on his mechanics and pitches. Bring someone up, because frankly they couldn't do any worse than Marshall.

I don't think you be so ok if let's say, he lost the game for us and were didn't have such a huge lead. 

Well, it would hurt to send him down since he can't be sent down.

1 minute ago, "The Kids Can Play" said:

Fine, then put him on assignment. Don't tell me they cant do that. 

They can, but they aren't going to until his sample size gets larger than the 13 1/3 IP he has so far this season. He can mostly be kept out of high leverage situations, only coming into games that aren't within 3 runs and not with runners on base, until they get a chance to see if he can fix what's wrong.

1 minute ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

They can, but they aren't going to until his sample size gets larger than the 13 1/3 IP he has so far this season. He can mostly be kept out of high leverage situations, only coming into games that aren't within 3 runs and not with runners on base, until they get a chance to see if he can fix what's wrong.

You are right about that. He should never pitch in a high leverage situation ever again. Only use him when the game is way ahead or we are losing by a lot. 

7 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Does anybody know when the last time the Sox had the best record in baseball this late in the season?

2016 we were tops in the AL until mid-May but the Cubs had a better record.

Maybe 2010 when they were red hot in June and July? 

2006? 

2005 for sure.

In 2006 we were best at this point by like a half game.

Don’t think we got there in 2010.

• Like 1

We got to see Billy Hamilton at his very best today. 4 for 4 with a double, triple,RBI, 3 RS,SB and one of the runs scored was on a WP that no one else even tries to score. . It's an exciting brand of baseball. Too bad it happens so rarely but he has elite speed and is an elite defender and neither of those is an exaggeration.

Congrats to Vaughn on his 1st HR with many more to follow .

Grandal with his second bomb in 2 days. Also another 2 walks.

Jose and Moncada doing Pito and YoYo things with 2 hits apiece with 3 and 2 RBI respectively.

Timmy being Timmy with a 2 for 4 day and an RBI.

51 minutes ago, "The Kids Can Play" said:

Who?

3 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

When they have Buxton in the lineup....and we beat Berrios or take down their closer (Taylor Rogers, with Colome already replaced).  That’s when we can celebrate.

They’re not the same team unless those two guys are on the field, and all the late game collapses have shaken their usually unflappable confidence.

That's when we can celebrate.... AGAIN.

You know that scene in Kill Bill where Kiddo digs herself out of her own grave and then is able to kill Bud by taking him by surprise? All I'm saying is that never happens if Bud was dancing on her grave all night.

tenor.gif

5 minutes ago, "The Kids Can Play" said:

Lambert or Burdi couldn't do any worse. 

Burdi wasn't exactly inspiring this spring or when he came up for a few days, and I thought Lambert was going to be a starter

7 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Burdi wasn't exactly inspiring this spring or when he came up for a few days, and I thought Lambert was going to be a starter

Burdi adds a lot of excitement though with giving up like .9 home runs per pitch

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I get he struggled. However Burdi does have big time stuff! That's why the Sox wont give up on him. I would give him a shot. If he can't handle it then send back down. Lambert looked good in spring training and I cant believe he didn't make the team. Marshall isn't going to get any better. His fastball sucks and he cant get his secondary pitches in the zone. Way too many times this season to be a fluke.