White Sox Winner! RIP Piranhas!

ron883

2 hours ago, manbearpuig said:

It' still early with time to figure it out and no immediate replacement. It's not that concerning....yet.

Jose Ruiz is dominating and a very clear replacement for Marshall.  Marshall has been atrocious all season while Ruiz has looked fantastic.  Stoney even alluded to Ruiz taking on a more prominent role in the pen with (unnamed-aka Foster and Marshall) "guys currently struggling".  

3 hours ago, SoxBlanco said:

Are you and others really taking his comment seriously?  It was an obvious joke, and I'm assuming it was made to poke fun at the whiners/complainers.

Usually when you try to post comedy/sarcasm online you usually should be creative enough so it's obvious when it's read, and/or add HA HA, LOL, or a smiley emoji. 

Edited by "The Kids Can Play"
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, SoxBlanco said:

Are you and others really taking his comment seriously?  It was an obvious joke, and I'm assuming it was made to poke fun at the whiners/complainers.

Speaking only for my own reply, I thought initially it was serious because it matched the determined-to-be-unhappy tone that can be seen in others here.

I subsequently appreciate the boss-level sarcasm and have taken the lumps in stride. Learning experience!

• Love 1

31 minutes ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

Jose Ruiz is dominating and a very clear replacement for Marshall.  Marshall has been atrocious all season while Ruiz has looked fantastic.  Stoney even alluded to Ruiz taking on a more prominent role in the pen with (unnamed-aka Foster and Marshall) "guys currently struggling".  

Ruiz is already here. I'm referring to his roster spot.

Edited by manbearpuig

11 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

When they have Buxton in the lineup....and we beat Berrios or take down their closer (Taylor Rogers, with Colome already replaced).  That’s when we can celebrate.

They’re not the same team unless those two guys are on the field, and all the late game collapses have shaken their usually unflappable confidence.

Fair point.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GermanSoxFan said:

It’s absolutely not. It’s a completely asinine point. The Sox are missing arguably their two best position players. Should losses against the Twins  not count in that case?

It's the best way to calculate your win expectancy. Sure, injuries happen but success is measured by beating good teams, not just winning by overcoming some boogeyman stigma like we have had with the Twins (similar to always seemingly getting our ass kicked on the west coast). The Twins haven't been good this year. Even despite our missing links, WE HAVE. I love that we swept the Twins but as contenders it's not really proof of anything by itself. We haven't really faced much real competition yet. So, you saying "absolutely" is wrong. 

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Like 1