5/13: Minnesota @ Chicago White Sox 1:10 PM CDT

40 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

lamb in the 2 hole is, uh, something...

Just another insanely dumb decision by TLR. Oh and playing 1st base. Yeah I guess a .143 BA is better at first than Yerminator at .376! Plus Leury Garcia .209/.233/.267 at 2B vs Madrigal .295/.333/.375. I would be pissed if I were Lance Lynn.

7 minutes ago, "The Kids Can Play" said:

Just another insanely dumb decision by TLR. Oh and playing 1st base. Yeah I guess a .143 BA is better at first than Yerminator at .376! Plus Leury Garcia .209/.233/.267 at 2B vs Madrigal .295/.333/.375. I would be pissed if I were Lance Lynn.

I would guess Lynn would be more pissed off about Yermin at first base as opposed to a guy that field the position.  If you wannna b**** just to b****, Vaughn can go to first and Leury in left with Madrigal at second and no Lamb.  Other that there is nothing to really b**** about.

3 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

I would guess Lynn would be more pissed off about Yermin at first base as opposed to a guy that field the position.  If you wannna b**** just to b****, Vaughn can go to first and Leury in left with Madrigal at second and no Lamb.  Other that there is nothing to really b**** about.

I could live with that too, but the bottom line is this lineup is WEAKER and Lynn is getting screwed! 

I get playing the bench guys, but I fundamentally disagree with how much Tony uses them.  That being said, the real problem is we need better bench guys if Tony is going to use them as often as he does.  Getting Engel back will definitely help in the OF, but I would love to find a versatile left-handed bat that could make Lamb or Leury disappear.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I get playing the bench guys, but I fundamentally disagree with how much Tony uses them.  That being said, the real problem is we need better bench guys if Tony is going to use them as often as he does.  Getting Engel back will definitely help in the OF, but I would love to find a versatile left-handed bat that could make Lamb or Leury disappear.

I want to be a fly on the wall when Tony asks Jerry for more money to sign better bench players so he can play them more.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I'm headed to Goose Island for $1 Honker's Ale and a burger. Last time I watched a Sox game there was 2020 Game 1. Hoping for the same results, swapping out Lynn for Giolito in the dominate stud pitching role.

damn that sounds good. Tempted to play hooky from work myself now. It's a beautiful fucking day here, again.  In 10 years now I have never experienced a spring like this.  Usually we get sun maybe 20-30% of the days before July.  This year is' inversed, like 60-70% have been sunny.  

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

No I consider them freaking out because that's what they are.   Nobody has a bigger grudge on this board.  Lamb sucks, I don't like the guy but they see value in him.  Not TONY, the organization.  If he is here you can't bury him on the bench forever.  The end of your bench needs at bats every once in a while 

Lamb can be buried anywhere for as long as you like with Mendick and Leury here.  

This lineup is terrible.

That said, they'll probably score 7+ anyway.  Lineup still sucks tho.

9 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

damn that sounds good. Tempted to play hooky from work myself now. It's a beautiful fucking day here, again.  In 10 years now I have never experienced a spring like this.  Usually we get sun maybe 20-30% of the days before July.  This year is' inversed, like 60-70% have been sunny.  

Yes, very nice in Chicago as well, near perfect next few days.

Enjoy the day, and the game!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Garcia doesn't make sense. He has always hit LHP better than RHP, and Madrigal actually has reverse splits.

Lamb giving Mercedes a game off makes more sense tomorrow when there's a DH.

Garcia for Madrigal makes no sense whatsoever. I don't understand how Madrigal needs an off day every week but a struggling Abreu never got one in April. I am sure Abreu told LaRussa no offdays and TLR is doing what the vet told him.

Also, I don't think Lamb is giving Mercedes a day off more than Abreu is getting a day off of his feet and Lamb needs to play at some point. Mercedes is just the odd man out because he's absolutely useless with leather.

11 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Lamb hasn’t played in a week+. Gotta play him from time to time if he is on the roster. Not agreeing with batting him second, but that’s also kind of whatever.

I don't like how Tony has to remove the Yerminator and also play Garcia and Hamilton (last night notwithstanding) on the same day he decides to play Lamb.  Even if he wants to play all his guys I have no idea why he can't still keep a strong lineup every day of the week.  

If we need a lefty bat at #2... then let grandal DH

the issue a lot of us have with these line-ups... people like Lamb need at bats for sure.

But playing every back up player in the same line-up is silly.

Edited by harkness99
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1